Nd courts

Data Access

Access to court records is governed by rules and policies adopted by the North Dakota Supreme Court. The Supreme Court has long recognized and supported the public's general access to court records. For courts to do their job properly it is critical that court records are complete and accurate. As a result, the Supreme Court has adopted rules governing access to court records.

What policies and rules govern access to court records?

What statutes govern access to court records?

N.D. Const. art. XI § 6

"Section 6. Unless otherwise provided by law, all records of public or governmental bodies, boards, bureaus, commissions, or agencies of the state or any political subdivision of the state, or organizations or agencies supported in whole or in part by public funds, or expending public funds, shall be public records, open and accessible for inspection during reasonable office hours."

How can I gain online access to district court records?

You can conveniently conduct online searches of district court record information by name, citation number, or case number.

The search site is located on the Supreme Court's website at: Case Search & Pay Fines.

An online search will show you record information maintained anywhere in the state. The site also allows searching court calendars, which gives court users information about court dates and times.

You can also contact the clerk of court in the county in which a record is located. Clerks of court are the custodians of court records and are responsible for maintaining the integrity and completeness of the records.

What court records can I see?

Court records and record information are generally open to public inspection. However, some records and record information cannot be disclosed because they are confidential by law or by court rule.

Examples of confidential court records or record information:

  • Juvenile court proceedings.

  • Mental health commitment proceedings.

  • Social security numbers; credit, debit, or electronic fund transfer card numbers; and financial account numbers.

  • Adoption and paternity proceedings.

  • Domestic violence protection order files - except for the final order of the court.

  • Psychological evaluations and drug and alcohol treatment records.

A fuller listing of confidential records or record information is in Section 5 of Administrative Rule 41 and the Appendix to the rule.

How do I get written information about a record from the clerk of court?

Administrative Rule 47 describes how to get a written response from a clerk of court about a record.

  • You must submit your request in writing.

  • You must provide enough information so the clerk can look for the record without extensive research.

  • The clerk must respond as promptly as possible in writing. Generally, the clerk cannot give you a verbal response to a record search request.

  • There is a fee (currently $10) for each name and kind of record (civil or criminal) for which a search is requested. The fee must be received by the clerk before the record search results are provided.

There is an important exception to these search and fee requirements: If you only want to know whether a particular record exists or has been filed, such as "Is there a probate record concerning Person X" or "Has a criminal case been filed concerning Person Y", and you do not want written confirmation of specific contents of the record, then this would not be a record search and a fee is not required. The clerk of court can simply tell you "Yes, there is a record" or "No, such a case has not been filed", as the case may be.

Can I look at records in the clerk's office?

Except for confidential record information, court records are open to public inspection during normal business hours. Most clerk's offices have public computer terminals that allow the public to search the court's record information system.

How can I inspect records in the clerk's office?

Make an oral or written request to the clerk. A written request may be required if your request is lengthy or needs clarification.

Clearly identify the record requested so the clerk can find it without doing extensive research.

You cannot make a standing request for record information that does not exist yet.

The clerk is not required to allow access to more than 10 files per day per requestor but may do so if it doesn't disrupt the clerk's primary responsibilities.

You must inspect the record in full view of court personnel whenever possible. After your inspection of the records, you cannot leave until the records have been returned and examined for completeness.

How do I get copies of a court record?

Once you have located the record information you want, you can ask the clerk to make copies of the record. The clerk will tell you the charge for making copies. As of May 1, 2007, the fee for making copies is .10 per page, with a $1.00 minimum charge.

What if the clerk tells me I can't look at a record?

Sometimes a clerk of court will be uncertain about whether certain record information can be released to the public or may think the record is not open to public inspection. The clerk must tell you, in writing if you ask, why you can't look at the record and the specific state or federal law or court rule that keeps you from looking at it. The clerk may also ask the court whether the record can be disclosed.

Can I obtain a transcript or audio recording of a hearing?

A transcript (written record) or audio recording of a hearing can be purchased if they can be released under Administrative Rule 41.

The process to request a transcript is under Policy 206 - Fees and Expenses for Preparation of Transcripts.

The process to request an audio recording is under Policy 503 - Procedures for Accessing Tapes or CDs.

How to request compiled court records/data?

Any member of the pubic can request compiled information (consisting of publicly accessible information) by submitting a request at http://www.ndcourts.gov/state-court-administration/information-technology/data-requests. Requests for compiled restricted information may be requested, but only for scholarly, journalistic, political, governmental, research, evaluation or statistical purposes. The court may compile the requested information if resources are available to compile and that it is an appropriate use of public resources.

How to request court records/data in a monthly bulk data file format?

Bulk distribution of information in the court record is permitted for court records that are publicly accessible under Administrative Rule 41.

Is access to case-level data controlled primarily at the state level or by individual courts?

All district court data is controlled at the state level. A list of counties and municipalities that are on the Odyssey system can be found at http://www.ndcourts.gov/public-access/courts-on-odyssey.

Do you publish an Annual Report?

Available from 1999 at: https://www.ndcourts.gov/state-court-administration/annual-report

Contains basic filings and disposition data by court.

Does your state require clerks or courts to report court data to the state?

N.D. Cent. Code § 27-05.2-04 Clerks must provide monthly reports of recorded fees to the county auditor or state treasurer.

Can I ask the court to prohibit access to a record?

Sometimes there is information in a court record that a person does not want made available to the general public. Under Administrative Rule 41, a party to the case or the person about whom information is present in the court record can ask the court to prohibit access to that information. The court can also prohibit access on its own. If you want the court to prohibit access, you must submit a written motion to the court and give notice to all parties in the case.The court can require you to give notice to others if the court considers it appropriate. Based on the request and certain considerations the court is required to take into account, the court will decide whether to prohibit access to the record information.

Can I get access to confidential record information?

Much like asking the court to prohibit access to a record, you can ask the court to allow access to an otherwise confidential record. You must submit a written motion asking the court for access to the record and you must give notice to all parties in the case. The court will then decide whether access to the information will be permitted. Administrative Rule 41 describes this procedure.

Sours: https://www.ndcourts.gov/state-court-administration/information-technology/data-access

District Court

Court Locations and Information

If you are looking to find a specific court, please see our court locations page.

There are district court services in each of the state’s 53 counties. The district courts are funded by the state of North Dakota. The district courts have original and general jurisdiction in all cases except as otherwise provided by law. They have the authority to issue original and remedial writs. They have exclusive jurisdiction in criminal cases and have general jurisdiction for civil cases.

The district courts also serve as the juvenile courts in the state and have exclusive and original jurisdiction over any minor who is alleged to be unruly, delinquent, or deprived. This jurisdiction includes cases in which a female minor is seeking judicial authorization to obtain an abortion without parental consent. The responsibility for supervising and counseling juveniles who have been brought into court lies with the judicial branch of government in North Dakota.

The district courts are also the appellate courts of first instance for appeals from the decisions of many administrative agencies. Acting in this appellate capacity, district courts do not conduct a retrial of the case. Their decisions are based on a review of the record of the administrative proceeding conducted by the administrative agency.

Under the authority granted to the Supreme Court in Article VI, Section 3 of the Constitution of North Dakota, the court has organized the district courts into eight judicial districts operating within four administrative units. In each district, there is a presiding judge who oversees the courts’ judicial services in the district’s geographical area. The duties of the presiding judge, as established by the Supreme Court, include convening regular meetings of the judges within the judicial district to discuss issues of common concern, assigning cases among the judges of the district, and assigning judges within the judicial district in cases of demand for change of judge. The administrative unit structure consolidates the managerial and administrative functions of the courts within the districts under one trial court administrator for every two districts. The trial court administrator serves as a liaison with governmental and other agencies and is responsible for personnel, fiscal, facilities, contracts, and records management for the unit.

There are 52 district judges in the state. Ten judges in four chamber city locations serve the South Central Judicial District. Six judges in the Northwest Judicial District serving in two chamber city locations. Five judges serve the North Central Judicial district in one chamber city location. Nine judges serve the East Central Judicial District in two chamber city locations. Five judges serve the Northeast Central Judicial District in one chamber city location. Six judges serve the Northeast Judicial District in five chamber city locations. Seven judges serve the Southeast Judicial District in five chamber city locations. Four judges serve the Southwest Judicial District in one chamber city location. All district court judges are required by the state constitution to be licensed North Dakota attorneys, citizens of the United States, and residents of North Dakota.

The office of district court judge is an elected position which is filled every six years in a nonpartisan election held in the district in which the judge will serve. If a vacancy in the office of district judge occurs, the Supreme Court must determine whether the vacancy should be filled or whether the vacant office should be abolished or transferred. If the vacancy is to be filled, the governor may either fill the vacancy by appointing a candidate from a list of nominees submitted by the Judicial Nominating Committee or by calling a special election to fill the vacancy. If the vacancy is filled by the nomination process, the appointed judge serves for a minimum of two years and then until the next general election, at which time the office is filled by election for the remainder of the term.

Sours: https://www.ndcourts.gov/district-court
  1. Sun hydraulics
  2. Putting it all together quizlet
  3. Sullivans steakhouse
  4. Bulk bullets

District Court Case Search and Payment Processing

District Court Case Search

This website provides access to North Dakota District Court Case information for Criminal, Traffic, and Civil case types. The search results also include municipal court cases from certain areas. The search results do not include restricted case information. For a complete description of the data and the counties that are searchable click here.

For help using this website please visit the help guide or look at the Frequently Asked Questions Page.

Notice: The information contained on this website reflects factual information associated with North Dakota District court cases as well as some North Dakota municipal court cases. The site shows the case information as each case is heard, whether it is still open or closed and what its final disposition was when closed. While many court cases originate as felonies or some other case type, they may be changed to other case types as they are heard. A felony may end up becoming a misdemeanor, infraction or even being dismissed. Always click on the case hyperlink and consult the Disposition section found in each case to determine the final outcome of the case.

Need help making a payment? Please follow the instructionsfound here.

Sours: https://www.ndcourts.gov/public-access

I didn't want to look for clean panties. And who to be ashamed of. - I chuckled to myself, - Leshka, who had me half the night in his mouth and in the ass. Not even funny.

Courts nd

) Oh, not a fact, Svetlana Vladimirovna. (so, you need to fight back here, wait for a change and find it!) Yeah, come on, how can you. Where do you constantly disappear during recess. Yes, I will, I will.

A hike. After all, we are future hydro-meliorators, so we will examine our glorious canal from the Ural River to a huge accumulator for irrigation of sown lands. On the way. And then, after a five-hour hike, we go out to a wonderful forest lake among a huge pine forest. There is such air, such delicious clean water, the lake is full of fish.

You will also be interested:

No more summer nights. Hiking to the river. You and I were so good, you know how sad I am now. Come on, Light, we will always be there.

10454 10455 10456 10457 10458