How to get a cape in Minecraft, even without mods
- The only official ways to get a cape in Minecraft are by attending special events or buying skin packs.
- If you're playing Minecraft: Java Edition, you can also make any cape by downloading mods like OptiFine.
- Capes you get through mods will only be visible to you and anyone else running the same mod.
- Visit Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Capes are among the rarest of all items in Minecraft. Depending on which one you have, they can be a sign of how long you've played, which events you've gone to, or just which mods you use.
It's not hard to get a cape in Minecraft. But unless you fall into a very specific category of player, it'll probably involve paying some money.
Here's how to get a cape in Minecraft, using either the official method or mods.
How to get a cape in Minecraft without mods
In Minecraft, capes are usually given out to users who attend certain events or complete specific tasks.
- From 2011 to 2016, attending the real-world MINECON event would earn you a special cape. Mojang brought these capes back for MINECON 2019, but only for Bedrock Edition players.
- Minecraft mapmakers who've had their maps accepted into the Realms Content Creator Program and earned enough points might be awarded a cape.
- If you bought Minecraft: Java Edition before December 2020, converting your Mojang or legacy account into a Microsoft account gets you the "Migrator" cape.
Additionally, players who attend the upcoming Minecraft Festival in late 2022 will earn an exclusive cape.
There are a few capes that you can get at any time, but they're exclusive to Bedrock Edition.
- The Pan Cape is given to players who download the beta versions of Bedrock Edition.
- There are nearly two dozen unique capes that Bedrock players can get by buying skin packs, like the Adventure Time Mash-up or Star Wars Classic Pack.
To equip your capes, head to Minecraft's character creation page and change your skin. You'll see all the capes you've unlocked there.
How to get a cape in Minecraft with mods like OptiFine
There are lots of Minecraft mods that can get you a cape. But the best of these mods — although it costs a bit of money — is OptiFine.
If you haven't already heard of it, OptiFine is a massive Minecraft mod that revamps the game's graphics engine and lets you optimize the game for your computer. It's possibly the most popular Minecraft mod of all time, and a necessity for anyone looking to install shader packs.
Note: Like most mods, OptiFine is only available in Minecraft: Java Edition.
Along with performance changes, OptiFine also gives you the ability to design and wear custom capes. But unlike the mod's other features, capes are locked at the start.
OptiFine is free to download, but to unlock capes, you have to donate $10 to the OptiFine team. You can donate and choose your cape design from this webpage. You'll have to provide your Minecraft username and email address.
Once your cape is active, you should see it appear on your character the next time you open the game. If it's not, make sure that you have OptiFine installed and capes turned on in-game: Open Options, then Skin Customization, and then make sure Cape is set to ON.
Important: Other Minecraft players you meet online won't be able to see your capes unless they've also got OptiFine installed. And although most Minecraft servers support it, some servers will temporarily remove your cape.
You can change the cape's design at any time (or temporarily deactivate it) by opening Minecraft, selecting Options, Skin Customization, OptiFine Cape, and then Open Cape Editor.
Only the colors can be changed by default, but you can also select the Banner option and then follow the instructions to create a custom cape on this page.
Editor & Staff Writer for Tech Reference
How to Get a OptiFine Cape in Minecraft
In Minecraft, capes are rare vanity items. They are worn to the skin of the player. So, your Minecraft avatar will be like a superman. Now, what cape do you want to get? You may want to get an OptiFine cape but you do not know how to get it. If you want to get an OptiFine cape in Minecraft, you can follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do to get a OptiFine Cape is of course you need to get the OptiFine. So, make sure that you have to download and install OptiFine first.
- After that, you have to access optifine.net/donate. When you are in this page of Optifine site, you are able to see that you have to donate to OptiFine so that you will get the OptiFine cape as a sign of your awesomeness. It is important for you to know that the cape is visible to everyone by using OptiFine 1.1 B or newer.
- In this page, there is a username field so you have to enter your Minecraft username there. After that, there is also Design field. On that field, you are able to choose any design that you want whether standard, green, white, blue, gray and so on.
- Then, you have to click on Paymentwall button. It is the payment processor for Optifine. Then, you will be directed to a page where you have to enter your email address.
- On that page, there is your Minecraft username and also the cape design. And then there is a message saying that this email address will be the owner of the donation and you will need it if you want to deactivate the cape or move it to another username. In addition, it is also written that a confirmation email will be sent to this address when the cape is activated. If you have entered your email address, now you have to click on Continue button.
- After that, you will be moved to another page where there is the information about your Minecraft username, Cape design and also your Donation email. Under this information, there are some options of payment methods that you have to choose. As you also can see that the amount of donation that you have to give is $10.00. There is also the payment details that you have to fill such as the name on card, card number, expiration date, Zip/postal code and email. If you have filled the field, now you have to press the Pay $10.00 button under it.
- If it is successful, you will see a message on the screen saying that transaction was successful.
- Now, you are able to minimize the browser that you use for accessing OptiFine and then you have to open Minecraft. In Minecraft, you can open OptiFine. Now, you can go to your server and then see if the cape is there.
If you prefer the tutorials in the form of video, you are able to watch a video of The Breakdown entitled How To Get An OptiFine Cape in Minecraft which was uploaded on February 16th, 2020. In the video, after doing the process as we explained above, you can see that when he press FN + F5, there is the OptiFine cape that you get.
So, as you are able to see that the steps to get a cape in OptiFine is very easy. Now, you are able to try to follow the steps above and get the best cape for your avatar.
Related Post "How to Get a OptiFine Cape in Minecraft"
Like Minecraft, Optifine is an online video game with which you can gain maximum gaming experience. Optifine offers you many valuable things for your Minecraft world. You can also customize your game the way you want to. Optifine is also one of the most popular optimization mods in Minecraft. Among the variety of valuable items that Optifine offers you, Optifine capes are the most important ones to mention here. Optifine capes serve as the protective coverings for your skin and face in your gameplay.
By donating to Optifine, you will be able to get an Optifine cape in Minecraft. Attending Minecon events is another way to get an Optifine cape. You can also get an Optifine cape with Minecraft mods and by downloading skins with capes. You can use an Optifine cape by activating capes in your video settings. Ensure that you have enabled Skin Customization settings for your Optifine cape.
Optifine mod is crucial to get an Optifine cape. Optifine capes will undoubtedly help you to improve the performance of your game. You will get a better chance of your survival when you fight with your enemies. You will use this cape for your protection, survival, and security in Minecraft. This guide will help you to learn about everything about Optifine capes in Minecraft.
What Are Optifine Capes?
Optifine capes are protective coverings for your face, and one of the cosmetics in Minecraft Optifine capes are one of the rarest items in Minecraft world. Most of the Minecraft players want to add these capes to their inventory. Optifine capes will help you to cover your face during your gameplay. You will get a chance to protect yourself while battling with your enemies and other competitive players.
How Do You Get A Minecraft Optifine Cape?
Do you want to grab an Optifine cape for your Minecraft gameplay? No worries. You will get a chance of getting Optifine by donating to Optifine first. It would be difficult for you to get your Optifine cape. You won’t be able to get your cape without the Optifine mod installed in your Minecraft server. Once you have donated to Optifine, you will get many options to grab an Optifine cape of your choice in Minecraft.
Another way to get an Optifine cape in Minecraft is to purchase it. It is the simplest of all the methods. Let’s get to know about it.
1. Download and install Optifine mod
Downloading and installing Optifine is the very first of getting an Optifine cape in Minecraft. Make sure that your Minecraft server supports the Optifine mod.
2. Get Ready to purchase your Optifine cape
Once you have downloaded and installed the Optifine mod, you all get access to the Optifine cape.
- You will be able to see the Optifine capes after the installation of the Optifine mod.
- Now you will purchase your Optifine cape by visiting the Optifine website.
3. Enter your information in the text box
Once you access the Optifine website, you will put your Minecraft username in the description box.
- You will also see a drop-down menu there.
- You can change the color and style of your Optifine cape from the drop-down menu.
- You can also choose a custom cape for your gameplay.
4. Pay for your Optifine cape
To pay for your Optifine cape, click the “Paymentwall” button.
- Enter your email in the text box.
- Click on “Continue” there.
- It will take you to a page where you will have to pay almost 10 dollars for your Optifine cape.
- You have successfully got your Minecraft Optifine cape.
Are Optifine Capes Safe To Buy?
Optifine capes are safe to buy in Minecraft. But before buying them, you will need to cater to the few given aspects.
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the correct Optifine mod for your Minecraft Server.
- Make sure that you are buying your cape from the official site.
- It would be best if you are careful while entering your Minecraft username in the information text box.
- Remove the unnecessary things or bugs that will come your way.
Optifine capes are cheap and easy to buy in Minecraft by complying with the rules mentioned above.
How Much Is A Optifine Cape?
You can get an Optifine cape by spending 10 dollars on your gameplay. However, getting an Optifine mod is free for Minecraft players. But you will need to spend almost 10 dollars on the Optifine cape.
Do Optifine Capes Work In All Versions?
Optifine capes work on all Minecraft versions. Optifine capes work in Bedrock edition, Java edition, Minecraft Earth, and many others. If you make any changes to your Optifine cape, it will automatically apply to every Minecraft version. The only thing that you need to cater before using Optifine capes in your Minecraft version is to make sure that you have already installed Optifine mod on your Minecraft server.
Does Optifine Cape Work Without Optifine?
You can’t use an Optifine cape without an Optifine installed in your Minecraft server. So, get Optifine first for your Minecraft Server. Then get yourself enjoyed with the Skin protection features of Optifine, such as the Optifine cape.
How To Use Optifine Cape?
Optifine capes are a kind of skin packs in Minecraft that will help you safeguard yourself from your enemies. You can use an Optifine cape in your gameplay quite easily.
But there are a few pre-requisites for using an Optifine cape in Minecraft.
- You can use an Optifine cape by activating capes in your video settings.
- You need to make sure that you have already enabled Skin Customization settings for your Optifine cape.
- Character Creator is another option from where you will choose your Optifine cape before using it. You will find this option in Minecraft Bedrock Edition and Minecraft Earth.
- You can also use the Character Profile Button from the main menu in your Minecraft gameplay.
How Many Times Can You Change Your Optifine Cape?
You can change your Optifine cape at any time you want in your gameplay. Yet, you can change your cape only once within 24 hours in your gameplay. You can change the design of your Optifine cape and change your cape to a custom cape.
If you want to change the design of your Optifine cape, you will have to deactivate it first in your game. You can also move your Optifine cape to another Minecraft account. Open Cape Editor from the game settings will help you to change your Optifine cape.
Do Optifine Capes Work On Optifabric?
Like Optifine, Optifabric is also a Minecraft mod that helps you to make your gameplay even more customizable and optimized. You will find your Optifine capes working on Optifabric. Optifabric helps you to run Optifine mod on the Fabric Mod Loader. There are also specific considerations that are important to use Optifabric for Optifine capes to work on. The considerations are:
- Make sure that your Optifine mod is compatible with the Fabric Mod Loader.
- Make sure that you own at least one Optifine cape before working on Optifabric.
Optifabric mod will help you improve your gameplay performance. You will be able to enjoy the dynamic lighting and a zoom button option in Optifabric mod for your Optifine capes.
Why Can’t You See Your Optifine Cape But Others Can?
You won’t be able to see Optifine capes until you are an Optifine user and have Optifine installed in your gameplay. Other Minecraft players will be able to see your Optifine cape when they have the same Optifine mods installed in their Minecraft server.
Can You Have More Than One Optifine Cape?
You can keep only one Optifine cape for your gameplay. If you don’t want to keep your existing Optifine cape, you will still be able to move it to another Minecraft account with the same Optifine mod. It will help you to get your favorite cape for your Minecraft gameplay.
How To Move Your Optifine Cape To A Different Minecraft Account?
You can move your Optifine cape to a different Minecraft account. By switching your Optifine cape to another Minecraft account, you will be able to move to the Minecraft account of your choice. Here, I will mention a simple method to move your Optifine cape to a different Minecraft Account. Follow these steps:
1. Go to Optifine.net
First, you need to visit this Optifine site to move your Optifine cape to a new Minecraft account. Make sure that you are on the official page of Optifine.
2. Log into your Minecraft account
Once you have visited the Optifine site, you will see an option (Cape) there.
- Click on that option on your gameplay screen.
- You will be able to find a page where you need to enter your Minecraft login information.
3. Enter your Minecraft login account information there.
Then, you will need to scroll down a bit.
- You will find an option there.
- Click on “Move Cape” at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have clicked on this option, enter the username. You will enter the username to which you want to move your Optifine cape.
4. Final Step
You have successfully moved your Optifine cape to a different Minecraft account. Make sure that you are moving the Optifine cape to a Minecraft account on which the same Optifine mod has been already installed.
Do You Lose Your Optifine Cape If You Change Your Name?
You won’t lose your Optifine cape by changing the name of your Optifine cape. When you change your name (username), your Optifine cape will remain intact.
Does It Cost Money To Change Optifine Cape?
In Minecraft, Optifine capes usually cost money to change. You will new a few pennies to change your Optifine cape in your gameplay. You will get the Optifine cape of your choice in Minecraft within no time. Not only can you change the style of your Optifine cape but also change the color of your cape.
For example, you will need to spend 10 dollars to buy a Minecon cape. You can change an Optifine cape with a few simple methods. You can also pay for your cape with these steps given below. You need to follow the steps below:
- Go to Optifines’s website.
- Now, click the payment wall button.
- Then, you will enter your email there.
- Also, enter your payment information to pay for your cape.
- Hold on a minute, and soon you will get a changed Optifine cape.
- You have successfully changed your Optifine cape.
Optifine cape costs almost 10 dollars to change with a new one in your Minecraft gameplay. You can also get your cape changed by installing Optifine or by going to Minecon events in your gameplay.
This is a program that lets you customise OptiFine capes and give yourself custom player models. The program first loads capes from your local folder. If no cape is found, it checks for one in this github repository. If still no cape is found, it will check for an official optifine cape. Finally, if no OptiFine cape is found, it loads a default cape file (Currently the migration cape).
To use a custom cape, put your cape texture in the folder next to the program file, and rename it to match your Minecraft username. Please note that capes must also contain the elyta texture.
Playermodels are loaded from the folder next to the program folder. See this folder for examples of correct formatting.
DISCLAIMER, these changes are purely client side, and no one else can see them. If you want your cape added to this github repository, so that other people using this program can see it, then join my Discord Server and send your cape and username in the channel.
Start by downloading the program from here
To use this, you need to edit your file.
Start by opening in Administrator mode. You can do this by searching it in the windows seach bar, right clicking it, and selecting
From Notepad, go to and open the file If you cannot see the file, make sure that is selected in the bottom right corner.
Next, add to the bottom of the file, and save the file.
Finally, run in command prompt and then you are done!
Just launch the downloaded program to begin. If it looks like nothing happens when you run it, you can check in task manager to see if it is running in the background.
If a player does not have a cape set, they will have a default cape applied. In the , you can define a custom directory to load default capes from. If there are multiple textures in the default cape directory, players will be given a random one. Full instructions in the file.
If the custom default directory is set to , it will load the default capes from of the current top loaded resource-pack. If no capes are found in a resource pack, it will load them from a folder called located next to the program file.
If a player doesn't have a custom player model set, they will load the default custom player model. This is disabled by default but can be enabled in the . A custom default player model can be set by putting the same files as the default player model found here
If you want to make this program start with Windows and run in the background, so you don't have to launch it every time you play Minecraft, start by copying the downloaded program file. Next navigate to the folder , right click, and select .
If you want to disable the notifications that show whenever you start the program, open the file and change from to . If you do not have a file, run the program once and it will appear.
To uninstall this, you need to open your file again and remove
- Forge + OptiFine
Optifine capes can only be seen with the Optifine version of Minecraft (or the Forge version with Optifine loaded), because it's not an official cape by Mojang. It's not saved on your account, but instead the Optifine version of Minecraft checks on Optifine's servers for a cape.
So of course other players can't see your cape and you can't either, unless they or you play with Optifine.
Also maybe it takes a little while for them to process your donation. Try again in the next few days (maybe it requires manual action and the people don't work on the weekend) and if it's still not there then, contact them and ask if it's finished processing.
answered Jun 2 '18 at 13:35
19.1k44 gold badges3434 silver badges6767 bronze badges
Capes are rare vanity items and are worn in addition to the player's skin. Obtaining capes is difficult compared to all other cosmetics currently in the game. Due to its rarity, players wear these capes with the intended purpose of bragging about the ownership of a cape.
While getting a cape has become more difficult than ever before, there are still some methods by which players can fulfill the wish of owning one.
How do you get Minecraft capes?
Mojang revealed in its latest blog post that all Java version Minecraft accounts are moving from Mojang to Microsoft. The main benefit from this migration is that f you can unlock a brand-new cape after you log in on Minecraft with your Microsoft account – and maybe even more as Mojang points out that players will receive more than one outfit to show off. Minecraft’s official website states:
“After you’ve moved, everything you love about Java will still be there. You’ll still be able to create and use mods and skins (while keeping your existing ones, of course), as well as play with friends on Java servers (regardless of version). You’ll also keep your Minecraft Java username, and new players will still get to choose their Minecraft username. The only difference? You’ll receive a cool reward once you’ve logged in with your Microsoft account: a special cape!”
You can get one of the capes in the game, or rather any cape you can imagine, using mods such as the Advanced Capes. However, other players you meet on multiplayer Minecraft servers might not be able to see your cape unless they also have the same mods installed. The only way to get capes that everyone can see is by being given official capes from Mojang.
Purchasing Skin Packs:
In the bedrock edition of Minecraft, several skin packs contain capes. To get a cape in that edition players will have to purchase those skin packs and can equip or unequip certain capes for their skin via the Character Creator. A few examples of skin pack capes are as follows:
Every year, MineCon activities were the only way to gain a new limit. There were official events organized by Minecraft that took place throughout the year. Players would have to sign up for the event and ensure that their tickets have been redeemed. Only then a Cape was then awarded for their inclusion in the event. All events from 2017 onwards were conducted online, and no reward for participation was awarded; on May 12, 2020, Mojang has disabled all unused MINECON Cape codes. Here are some of the MINECON capes from the past.
By innovating a potential concept:
People in the past have been awarded capes for giving ideas which were later incorporated into Minecraft. A great example is Reddit user u/billyk_ who was given a personal turtle cape for suggesting that turtles be added to Minecraft.
How to use Minecraft capes?
Players can go to the character creator and choose between a variety of cape if they own them. You can equip or unequip certain capes for their skin via the Character Creator. The character creator is a feature in Bedrock Edition and Minecraft Earth that lets players customize their skins with free and paid-for cosmetic items. It can be accessed by selecting the character profile button on the main menu.
Q. Would I be get banned if I Use Optifine capes?
No, you won't get banned. The cape only shows to optifine users and doesn't interfere with Mojang's capes. Use an email that is secure and you have access to it. This email would be used for changing the username your cape went to, changing the design of the cape, and other stuff.
Q. How much does an OptiFine Cape Cost?
It costs 10$ at the moment.
Q. Are Optifine capes worth it?
Considering they are the easiest way to get capes, and considering the fact that it's customizable makes it worth it. While some might argue that it only displays to Optifine users; well, the most majority of creative players use Optifine anyways so you will have the opportunity to show it off to a vast audience.
You will also be interested:
- Chevy bowtie
- Esp bass
- Ffvii cosmo canyon
- Gleason electric
- Menards mentor
- Jojo blox
- Dynamic fastener
- Maraudon wow
- Who makes picket house furnishings
- Mirai kanji
- Kakariko well
- Hino semi truck
- Zte axon
I'll finish soon too. Sergei continued to move in me, and I took mine Let everything be as Sener said. The war will not end from our prayers, if everything is God's will, then why pray, if he does whatever he wants anyway. Anisim looked at the spreading fields in front of him, but their false calm worried him.