Movie Review – Wonder Park (2019)
- 15 March 2019
- by Robert Kojder
Wonder Park, 2019.
Written by Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec.
Featuring the voice talents of Brianna Denski, Matthew Broderick. Jennifer Garner, Sofia Mali, Kenan Thompson, Ken Jeong, Mila Kunis, John Oliver, Norbert Leo Butz, and Ken Hudson Campbell.
Wonder Park tells the story of a magnificent amusement park where the imagination of a wildly creative girl named June comes alive.
Admittedly, Wonder Park is not what I feared, but barely being decent isn’t exactly much better. Serving as a pilot to a future Nickelodeon cartoon TV show, the narrative tells the story of a young girl named June (newcomer Brianna Denski) suffering from a bout of depression at the hands of her loving mother coming down with an undisclosed life-threatening illness that forces her to live elsewhere during treatment for quite some time. More specifically, this temporary but prolonged and uncertain parental loss eliminates her strong imagination, causing a
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.
Wonder Park adalah film petualangan animasi komputer tahun 2019 yang diproduksi oleh Paramount Animation dan Nickelodeon Movies, dengan Ilion Animation Studios yang menangani animasi. Plotnya mengikuti seorang gadis muda yang menemukan versi nyata dari taman hiburan ajaibnya, dijalankan oleh binatang yang bisa berbicara. Film ini dibintangi oleh pengisi suara pendatang baru Brianna Denski, dan Matthew Broderick, Jennifer Garner, Ken Hudson Campbell, Kenan Thompson, Ken Jeong, Mila Kunis, John Oliver, Kath Soucie, Norbert Leo Butz, dan Kevin Chamberlin. Film ini disutradarai oleh mantan animator Pixar Dylan Brown dalam debut penyutradaraannya; selama ia terlibat dalam sebagian besar masa produksi, Paramount Pictures memecatnya pada Januari 2018, dengan alasan "perilaku yang tidak pantas dan tidak diinginkan". 
Wonder Park dirilis dalam format 2D dan 3D di Amerika Serikat pada 15 Maret 2019. Film ini menerima tinjauan yang beragam dari para kritikus dan meraup lebih dari $ 119 juta di seluruh dunia. Serial televisi berdasarkan film tersebut dijadwalkan untuk debut pada tahun 2019 di Nickelodeon, menjadikannya film animasi ketiga dari Nickelodeon Movies, setelah Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius dan Barnyard, untuk dijadikan sebagai dasar serial animasi di jaringan tersebut.
Referensi[sunting | sunting sumber]
- ^Kesalahan pengutipan: Tag tidak sah; tidak ditemukan teks untuk ref bernama
- ^"Film releases". Variety Insight. Variety Media. Diakses tanggal July 10, 2018.
- ^Pedersen, Erik (July 9, 2018). "'Wonder Park' Comes Alive With Teaser Trailer & First Photo". Deadline. Penske Media Corporation. Diakses tanggal July 10, 2018.
- ^Uriondo, Miguel Ángel. "'Amusement Park', la mayor película de animación de la historia de España". sabemos digital.com. Diarsipkan dari versi asli tanggal 2015-12-04. Diakses tanggal 6 December 2015.
- ^Peña, Ángel. "'Ilion goes to Hollywood': la edad de oro de la animación española". expansion.com. Diakses tanggal 18 July 2016.
- ^"Wonder Park (2019)". British Board of Film Classification. Diakses tanggal March 5, 2019.
- ^Kesalahan pengutipan: Tag tidak sah; tidak ditemukan teks untuk ref bernama
- ^Kesalahan pengutipan: Tag tidak sah; tidak ditemukan teks untuk ref bernama
- ^"Wonder Park (2019)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Diakses tanggal June 12, 2019.
Pranala luar[sunting | sunting sumber]
Kesalahan pengutipan: Ditemukan tag untuk kelompok bernama "lower-alpha", tapi tidak ditemukan tag yang berkaitan
2019 CG animated film by Paramount Pictures
Wonder Park is a 2019 computer-animatedadventure comedy film produced by Paramount Animation and Nickelodeon Movies, with Ilion Animation Studios handling animation. The plot follows a young girl who encounters a real version of her magical amusement park, run by talking animals. The film stars the voice talents of newcomer Brianna Denski, and Matthew Broderick, Jennifer Garner, Ken Hudson Campbell, Kenan Thompson, Ken Jeong, Mila Kunis, John Oliver, Kath Soucie, Norbert Leo Butz and Kevin Chamberlin.
The film was directed by former Pixar animator Dylan Brown in his directorial debut; while he was involved through most of the production period, Paramount Pictures dismissed him in January 2018, citing "inappropriate and unwanted conduct".
Wonder Park was released in 2D and 3D formats in the United States on March 15, 2019, by Paramount Pictures. The film received mixed reviews from critics, who praised the animation and voice acting but criticized the story and tone. The film was also a box office failure, grossing $119 million against a budget of $80–100 million. A television series based on the film was scheduled to debut on Nickelodeon, making it the third animated film from Nickelodeon Movies, after Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and Barnyard, to serve as the basis for an animated series on the network.
June Bailey, a girl with a bright imagination, and her mother come up with the story of Wonderland, a magical amusement park run by a group of animals: Boomer, a big blue bear who greets guests; Greta, a wild boar; Gus and Cooper, beaver brothers; Steve, a porcupine who is the park's safety manager and is in love with Greta; and Peanut, the leader of the park and a chimpanzee who has the ability to create rides by listening to June's mother's voice. Over time, June's mother starts to get sick and is sent away for recovery. As a result, June starts alienating from Wonderland and burns the blueprints of the park out of frustration.
Sometime later, June's father sends her to math camp. After misinterpreting a note from her father as a cry for help, June uses her friend Banky to create a distraction on the bus to escape and return home, but instead, she finds a broken-down Wonderland in the woods. The park is currently being surrounded by a cloud named the Darkness; June and the animals attempt to fix Clockwork Swings, the park's mechanism, but are attacked by Chimpanzombies, the park's former plush toys that now empower the Darkness. In the chaos, June gets separated from the animals and finds herself in a floating chamber known as Zero-G Land. There, June finds Peanut hiding from the Darkness where he confesses he felt lost after he stopped hearing the voice in his head. This leads June to realize that the Darkness was created by herself as a result of her cynicism from her mom's illness. The Chimpanzombies break in and take Peanut as their prisoner, but June manages to escape.
June runs back to the animals to tell them she found Peanut but also confesses that she is responsible for the Darkness. Feeling upset over this revelation, they selfishly abandon her. After noticing the piece of the blueprint and realizing that she has been able to create the ideas for the park herself, June manages to fix one of the attractions to catch up with the animals and make it to Clockwork Swings. She also explains why she created the Darkness, and seeing that she wants to help, the animals reform the team to save Peanut and Wonderland.
The gang finds the Chimpanzombies taking Peanut to get sucked up into the Darkness. The animals fight back while June rushes to save Peanut by jumping into the void. She promises him that she will provide the voice for his imagination and that he should not let the Darkness take over him, giving him an idea to make a slide out of bendy straws to escape. While the gang and Peanut are riding the slide to avoid the Chimpanzombies, June then notices that Clockwork Swings is attached to her name written in cursive, just like the blueprint piece. With Peanut's help, they get Clockwork Swings back up and running by using her name to move the gears, and clear up Wonderland from the Darkness. A cloud remains over the park, to which June interprets as a reminder to continue to be imaginative.
June returns home, and with it, her now cured mother, and they set up a Wonderland in their backyard. June then shares with other kids the story of Wonderland.
- Brianna Denski as June Bailey, an imaginative and optimistic girl who created Wonderland.
- Jennifer Garner as Mrs. Bailey, June's mother.
- Matthew Broderick as Mr. Bailey, June's father.
- John Oliver as Steve, a porcupine who is the safety officer of Wonderland.
- Mila Kunis as Greta, a wild boar who is Steve's love interest.
- Kenan Thompson as Gus, a beaver who is Cooper's brother.
- Ken Jeong as Cooper, a beaver who is Gus' brother.
- Norbert Leo Butz as Peanut, a chimpanzee who acts as Wonderland's main mascot and ride creator.
- Ken Hudson Campbell as Boomer, a narcoleptic blue bear who welcomes the visitors to Wonderland.
- Oev Michael Urbas as Banky, June's best friend
- Kevin Chamberlin as Uncle Tony
- Kate McGregor-Stewart as Aunt Albertine
- Kath Soucie as Bus Counselor Shannon
Catherine Cavadini provided an additional voice via ADR group.
Wonder Park started development in early 2012, with the story being written by Galaxy Quest writer Robert Gordon and production commenced in September 2014. In June 2015, it was revealed that Spain's Ilion Animation Studios would produce the fully animated 3D film. In November 2015, Paramount Animation officially announced the project, then titled Amusement Park, with former Pixar animator Dylan Brown helming. The voices in the film were set as Matthew Broderick, Jennifer Garner, Ken Hudson Campbell (originally Jeffrey Tambor),Kenan Thompson, Ken Jeong, Mila Kunis, and John Oliver. For the role of June Bailey, more than 1,500 people auditioned before 11-year-old Brianna Denski of Plymouth, Connecticut, got the role.
In January 2018, it was reported that director Dylan Brown was fired from the production by Paramount Pictures, following an investigation into complaints of "inappropriate and unwanted conduct." Paramount offered the director's credit to multiple other key creative personnel on the film, but they refused, fearing the film would be detrimental to their careers. The position went then uncredited in the film. In April 2018, the title of the film was changed from Amusement Park to Wonder Park.
The music for Wonder Park was scored by composer Steven Price. The album was released on March 8, 2019, a week before the film was released into theatres.
Grace VanderWaal recorded the song "Hideaway" for the film.
In April 2018, it was reported that Rachel Platten would perform an original song for Wonder Park. The single, titled "Wonder," was released in March 2019.
Wonder Park was released in 2D and 3D on March 15, 2019, by Paramount Pictures. In January 2017, the film was moved up from its original release date, March 22, 2019, to July 13, 2018. A few months later, it was pushed back from July 13, 2018 to August 10, 2018, and by August 2017, it was pushed back for a final time to March 15, 2019.
Wonder Park was released on DVD and Blu-ray on June 18, 2019, and on Digital HD on June 4, by Paramount Home Entertainment.
Wonder Park grossed $45.2 million in the United States and Canada, and $74.4 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $119.6 million, against a production budget of around $80–100 million.
In the United States and Canada, Wonder Park was released alongside Captive State and Five Feet Apart, and was projected to gross $8–14 million from 3,838 theaters in its opening weekend. It made $5.4 million on its first day, including $700,000 from Thursday night previews. It went on to debut to $16 million, which beat projections, though Deadline Hollywood said it was "[not] enough to consider this... production a success." The film fell 45% in its second weekend, grossing $8.8 million, and 43% in its third to $5.0 million.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 34% based on 106 reviews, with an average rating of 4.76/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Colorful and energetic but lacking a compelling story, Wonder Park is little more than a competently made diversion for very young viewers." On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 45 out of 100, based on 22 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews." Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "B+" on an A+ to F scale.
Prior to Wonder Park's release, Paramount Animation announced that a television series based on the film would debut on Nickelodeon, after the film's theatrical release. This would be the third animated film from Nickelodeon Movies to have a series spin-off, after Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and Barnyard, and the first animated film from Paramount Animation to inspire a series spin-off from the film.
Prior to the film's release, a licensed mobile game titled Wonder Park Magic Rides was released by Pixowl.
- ^Brown was fired near the end of production; Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies subsequently did not include a director's credit in the completed film.
- ^ abcMiller, Dylan (March 15, 2019). "Paramount's new animated movie Wonder Park doesn't have a credited director, and here's why". The A.V. Club. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- ^"Film releases". Variety Insight. Variety Media. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^Pedersen, Erik (July 9, 2018). "'Wonder Park' Comes Alive With Teaser Trailer & First Photo". Deadline. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^Uriondo, Miguel Ángel. "'Amusement Park', la mayor película de animación de la historia de España". sabemos digital.com. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- ^Peña, Ángel. "'Ilion goes to Hollywood': la edad de oro de la animación española". expansion.com. Retrieved July 18, 2016.
- ^"Wonder Park (2019)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- ^ abRubin, Rebecca (March 13, 2019). "Box Office: 'Captain Marvel' Heads for Heroic Second Weekend". Variety. Retrieved March 13, 2019.
- ^ abcFaughnder, Ryan (March 14, 2019). "'Captain Marvel' is likely to crush 'Wonder Park' at the box office". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- ^ ab"Wonder Park (2019)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved June 12, 2019.
- ^ ab"Nova stars Fitzy and Wippa join Mila Kunis, Jennifer Garner in Wonder Park". www.news.com.au. November 14, 2018. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- ^"Wonder Park: hear Tom Baker, Caspar Lee and Joe Sugg in new trailer". November 15, 2018. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- ^ ab"Wonder Park (Pg)". April 8, 2019.
- ^McClintock, Pamela (April 25, 2012). "Paramount's Adam Goodman Opens Up About 'Top Gun 2,' 'Transformers 4' and Possibly Cutting Ties With DreamWorks Animation (Q&A)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 19, 2019.
- ^Lang, John Hopewell,Jamie; Hopewell, John; Lang, Jamie (June 13, 2018). "Paramount Animation's 'Wonder Park' Rocks Annecy". Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- ^Hopewell, John (June 15, 2015). "Annecy: Paramount Animation, Spain's Ilion Ally on 3D Tentpole (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Archived from the original on February 1, 2017. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- ^ abcMcNary, Dave (November 10, 2015). "Paramount Sets 'SpongeBob 3' for 2019, Delays 'Monster Trucks' to 2017". Variety. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- ^Collinson, Gary (June 25, 2018). "Paramount drops Jeffrey Tambor from animated movie Wonder Park". Flickering Myth. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- ^"Paramount Fires 'Amusement Park' Director Over "Inappropriate" Conduct Claim (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. January 30, 2018. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- ^Aguilar, Carlos (March 16, 2019). "'Wonder Park' Sinks With Negative Reviews And Notoriety For Having No Credited Director". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- ^ abcD'Alessandro, Anthony (March 17, 2019). "'Captain Marvel' Rises To Second Best 2nd Weekend In March With $69M+ – Sunday AM Update". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- ^Busch, Anita (April 12, 2018). "The Boss Baby's Ramsey Naito, Others Join Paramount Animation Executive Ranks". Deadline. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- ^says, Dan Pierce. "'Wonder Park' Soundtrack Details - Film Music Reporter".
- ^Moreau, Jordan. "Ken Jeong Shares the Advice He Gave to His Young Wonder Park Co-Stars", Variety, March 11, 2019
- ^"'Wonder Park' to Feature Original Song by Rachel Platten - Film Music Reporter".
- ^ abcD'Alessandro, Anthony (August 7, 2017). "Paramount Will Now Construct 'Amusement Park' On March 2019". Deadline. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- ^D'Alessandro, Anthony (January 26, 2017). "Paramount's 'Amusement Park' Relocates To Summer 2018". Deadline. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- ^D'Alessandro, Anthony (March 28, 2017). "Paramount Teases Nickelodeon-Based Feature Toon Lineup Including 'The Loud House' – CinemaCon". Deadline. Retrieved October 8, 2017.
- ^"Wonder Park DVD Release Date June 18, 2019". DVDs Release Dates. Retrieved May 9, 2019.
- ^D'Alessandro, Anthony (March 24, 2019). "How Universal Drove Jordan Peele's 'Us' To $70M+ Opening, The Best Start For A Live-Action Original Since 'Avatar' – Update". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 31, 2019.
- ^D'Alessandro, Anthony (March 31, 2019). "'Dumbo' Hovers Low With $46M+ But Hopes On Matinees; Matthew McConaughey Hits Bottom With $1.7M 'Beach Bum'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 31, 2019.
- ^"Wonder Park (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved October 15, 2020.
- ^"Wonder Park reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 26, 2019.
- ^Donnelly, Matt (March 28, 2017). "Paramount's 'Amusement Park' Movie to Become Nickelodeon TV Show After Theatrical Release". The Wrap. Archived from the original on April 1, 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ^"Wonder Park Magic Rides: A SuperParent First Look". superparent.com. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
This colorful animated adventure celebrates the power of imagination and love, but it's also darker and more intense than the trailers and ads would suggest. Whimsical details and slapstick humor abound, to be sure, but at its heart, Wonder Park is a story about a girl who's dealing with some pretty big, scary stuff. Which could be helpful for the right kids in the right circumstances, but if you go into it expecting a breezy comedy, you're likely to be taken aback.
Still, the movie's premise is original (though it's a mystery why it wasn't just called Wonderland, since that's what the park is named), and the voice cast is good. Denski is earnest and enthusiastic as June, Garner -- no surprise -- nails the role of a caring mom, and Mila Kunis and John Oliver ably lead Wonderland's crew of talking animals. Oliver, in particular, gets the movie's best laughs as uptight porcupine Steve. It's also nice to see a tween girl character with a passion for engineering and problem-solving. Just be ready for the movie's heavier aspects before you step up to the turnstiles.
Park imdb wonder
Pushed her grandson Maria Feodorovna. - There is nothing to be ashamed of. Olga Ivanovna wagged her back and sat down slightly, but her son turned out to be much faster, and in an.ANAK KECIL MENCIPTAKAN WAHANA LUAR BIASA!! - ALUR CERITA WONDER PARK (2019)
The attention of the. Girl sitting in the bathtub was attracted by a petite blonde in a short T-shirt, through which protruding nipples could be seen, who entered the room, who did not notice. There was nothing else on her thin white body.
You will also be interested:
- Motorola synchronization
- Ogbe she
- Sunday school lesson for 2017
- Shadowrun missions
- Land for sale cataldo idaho
- Two step equations quizlet
- Shelby f150
- Dieffenbachia honeydew
- Natsu rage
- Strut rod
- Synonym for accompanied
- Craigslist mi.com
Okay, I will, - I replied. - Thanks for the invitation. I apologize, I'm tired of city life, I took a vacation and drove across the country.