Digital Services Librarian - Lincoln County Public Library
Description: The Digital Services Librarian coordinates digital literacy programs and services for the library and assists in the management of library technologies. The Digital Services Librarian plans, implements, and promotes a variety of digital literacy and technology-related library programs and workshops, including STEM outreach initiatives; provides one-on-one technology assistance; assists with digitization of local history collections and creation of online programs; manages library software and technologies, including integrated library system, 3D printers, laser cutters and Maker Lab equipment; maintains library website and social media accounts; collaborates with the Library Director to develop and facilitate the implementation of the technology and digital services plan; assists IT department in troubleshooting problems and inventorying equipment; assists with data collection; recommends updates and implementation of new technologies including those used in STEAM-related outreach programs; oversees e-rate applications and funding; and performs other related duties.
Qualifications: Requires knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Master of Library Science degree preferred. Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work and resolve problems, usually associated with 1-3 years of experience.
Salary: $43,049 - $45,202
This event is related to
Library JobsSours: https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/news/events/digital-services-librarian-lincoln-county-public-library
Lincoln County Public Library Interior Renovation
Building on a successful relationship with Lincoln County on several prior endeavors, Stewart-Cooper-Newell Architects was awarded the opportunity to assist the County in renovating a branch library in Lincolnton, NC.
Some of the project’s critical elements included significant upgrades to the building’s mechanical systems, to ensure more efficient, zone-based coverage of the entire building for heating and cooling, improving the building’s furnishings and finishes, and providing electrical upgrades to accommodate modern information technology equipment.
SCNA also relocated and redesigned the primary circulation desk to a more suitable location in the building, based on patron use patterns and library staff needs, and designed improved casework for patron computer work stations.
The renovation received State recognition winning, 2011-2012 Outstanding Remodel Facility Award from the NC Public Library Directors Association.
Our InvolvementArchitect of Record
|Product Name||Year Contracted|
|Current Automation System||Polaris||2004|
|Previous Automation System||Galaxy||1993|
|This library is responsible for the procurement of the library automation system.|
We are conducting a study on factors related to the selection and interoperability of technology systems in academic libraries.
|WorldCat Registry ID||6970|
This listing was created on Dec 17, 2004 and was last modified on Mar 19, 2021.
Corrections or Updates? Registered members of Library Technology Guides can submit updates to library listings in libraries.org. Registration is free and easy. Already registered? login. Or, you can report corrections just by sending a message to Marshall Breeding.
Lincoln County Public Library – A Little Gem
A Little Gem
The Charles R. Jonas Branch library, conveniently located in downtown Lincolnton, NC, has a large area containing all manner of books and computer terminals that can be used for in-house research purposes. The Genealogy Room is staffed with knowledgeable and helpful professional staff to assist library patrons in their search for ancestors in the Lincoln County area. In particular, hearty thanks go out to Ms. Jamie Setzer, a Library Assistant at the Charles R. Jonas branch who helped us find information on ancestral surnames such as: Rhyne, Clemmer, Hoffman, Best/Bost, Shelty/Sheltie, and other ancestors in my family line that were early settlers in North Carolina. Many of their descendants have continued to reside in the area to this very day.
North Carolina Collection Local History & Genealogy
A prominent feature of the Library is its North Carolina Collection of Local History & Genealogy, located in the Genealogy Room. The North Carolina Collection consist of non-circulating reference collections of historical and cultural materials that focus primarily on Lincoln Counties but include North Carolina as a whole, bordering areas, and general genealogical resources.
North Carolina Collection holdings include:
- Books and Periodicals – focusing on the history and genealogy of the area and general genealogical resources.
- Lincoln Biography Index – online index to biographical material that is “buried” within books and magazines in that collection.
- Newspapers – The Lincoln Times-News and other Lincolnton newspapers are available on microfilm.
- Vertical Files – These files are primarily “family files” and the Library is always happy to receive more historical information on local families for these files.
- Cemetery Records–There is no complete cemetery survey, but they have guides for county cemeteries.
- Access to Online Resources (onsite):
- Heritage Quest Online -a database with images of all the census population schedules for the whole country from 1790 through 1930. HQ also provides full-text copies of over 25,000 books on genealogy and local history and images of Revolutionary War pension files from the National Archives and more.
- Ancestry Library Edition – includes the complete census from 1790 to 1930; other resources includes WWI draft registration records, city directories, passenger lists, birth and death records, and much more.
- Microfilm – Microfilmed records of marriages, wills, deeds, court minutes, and land grants for Tryon, Lincoln, and Gaston Counties, along with other local materials including some church records (1).
The Lincoln Co. Library System is planning to launch a digitization project of resources within the Genealogy Room in the near future. This will be a massive, lengthy and expensive effort, but well worth every penny if you love genealogy and family history.
- Lincoln County Public Library, informatio accessed on May 17, 2019 at https://www.lincolncounty.org/index.aspx?NID=1009.
Filed Under: Genealogy, RepositoriesTagged With: Lincolnton, North Carolina CollectionSours: https://legacyfinders.org/lincoln-county-public-library-a-little-gem/
County public library nc lincoln
The woman just glanced into the adjoining bedroom. The girlfriend's rectum was not empty either - Yegor's faldus rammed her. The woman clearly liked this. Chapter Two tells about the meeting with an Asian woman who became a kind of talisman for Yuri.
She quickly shifted the weight of her body onto her hands, placing them on the floor, and crawled on all fours into the apartment. The moment the door closed behind me, I was already taking off my dress, leaving myself naked. After finishing my greeting, I froze. In anticipation of further orders.
- Sonic reddit
- Kawaii subscribe button
- Israel adesanya
- Attaching brick to concrete block
- Faroshs scale
- Amazon plastic food storage containers
- Thermostat cover
- Median height
Satisfied, Katyushka loaded with bags, humming merrily, entered their huge two-room suite. To her surprise, Igor was already there, lounging in a large armchair with a glass of cognac in his hand. Something immediately alerted Katya in his tense posture, and he was usually too busy to chill in the middle of the.