Xilinx adds machine learning optimisation to Vivado to accelerate design cycle
Claiming to be able to reduce design compile times by a factor of five, Xilinx has launched the Vivado ML Editions tool suite. The latest addition to the company’s Vivado tool suite is believed to be the first FPGA EDA tool suite based on machine learning (ML) optimisation algorithms.
In addition to faster compile times, it is claimed to deliver 10% improvements on quality of results (QoR) for complex designs, compared with the Vivado HLx Editions tool.
“Machine learning is the next big leap forward for accelerating the design process and delivering QoR gains,” said Nick Ni, director of marketing, Software and AI Solutions at Xilinx. ” The EDA design tool enables ML-based algorithms that accelerate design closure and its launch continues Xilinx’s drive for machine learning, following the introduction of enhanced Versal AI Edge adaptive compute acceleration platforms (ACAPs) with AI Engine-ML increasing ML by a factor of four, compared with the earlier AI Engine architecture.
Vivado ML Editions’ design improves timing and generates QoR suggestions that reduce user analysis to accelerate the closure of designs. The tool also improves collaborative designs with Vivado IP Integrator for modular design, enabling team-based design methodology across multiple sites.
An Abstract Shell allows users to define multiple modules within the system to be compiled incrementally and in parallel, accounting for compilation times that are between five and 17 times reduced, compared to traditional full system compilation, says Xilinx. This feature hides design details outside of the modules, to protect customer IP. This feature is critical for FPGA-as-a-service and value-added system integrators.
Other features in this tool include Dynamic Function eXchange (DFX) which enables more efficient use of silicon resources by loading custom hardware accelerators, dynamically at runtime over-the-air. The adaptability of DFX to load design modules in milliseconds opens up new use cases such as swapping different vision algorithms during processing of a frame, or a genomic analysis swapping different algorithms in real-time when sequencing DNA.
Vivado ML Editions is available now in a Standard Edition(free of charge) and an Enterprise Edition.
• XC7Z010, XC7Z015, XC7Z020, XC7Z030, XC7Z007S, XC7Z012S, and XC7Z014S
• XCZU2EG, XCZU2CG, XCZU3EG, XCZU3CG XCZU4EG, XCZU4CG, XCZU4EV, XCZU5EG, XCZU5CG, XCZU5EV, XCZU7EV, XCZU7EG, and XCZU7CG
• VC1802 Prime Series
Virtex UltraScale FPGA:
Virtex UltraScale FPGA:
Virtex UltraScale+ FPGA:
Virtex UltraScale+ HBM:
Virtex UltraScale+ 58G:
• XC7K70T, XC7K160T
Kintex UltraScale FPGA:
• XCKU025, XCKU035
Kintex UltraScale+ FPGA:
• XCKU3P, XCKU5P
Kintex UltraScale FPGA:
• XC7A12T, XC7A15T, XC7A25T, XC7A35T, XC7A50T, XC7A75T, XC7A100T, XC7A200T
• XC7S6, XC7S15
• XC7S25, XC7S50• XC7S75, XC7S100
Software suite by Xilinx
Vivado Design Suite is a software suite produced by Xilinx for synthesis and analysis of HDL designs, superseding Xilinx ISE with additional features for system on a chip development and high-level synthesis. Vivado represents a ground-up rewrite and re-thinking of the entire design flow (compared to ISE).
Like the later versions of ISE, Vivado includes the in-built logic simulator ISIM. Vivado also introduces high-level synthesis, with a toolchain that converts C code into programmable logic.
Replacing the 15 year old ISE with Vivado Design Suite took 1000 person-years and cost US$200 million.
Vivado was introduced in April 2012, and is an integrated design environment (IDE) with system-to-IC level tools built on a shared scalable data model and a common debug environment. Vivado includes electronic system level (ESL) design tools for synthesizing and verifying C-based algorithmic IP; standards based packaging of both algorithmic and RTL IP for reuse; standards based IP stitching and systems integration of all types of system building blocks; and the verification of blocks and systems. A free version WebPACK Edition of Vivado provides designers with a limited version of the design environment.
The Vivado High-Level Synthesis compiler enables C, C++ and SystemC programs to be directly targeted into Xilinx devices without the need to manually create RTL. Vivado HLS is widely reviewed to increase developer productivity, and is confirmed to support C++ classes, templates, functions and operator overloading. Vivado 2014.1 introduced support for automatically converting OpenCL kernels to IP for Xilinx devices. OpenCL kernels are programs that execute across various CPU, GPU and FPGA platforms.
The Vivado Simulator is a component of the Vivado Design Suite. It is a compiled-language simulator that supports mixed-language, Tcl scripts, encrypted IP and enhanced verification.
The Vivado IP Integrator allows engineers to quickly integrate and configure IP from the large Xilinx IP library. The Integrator is also tuned for MathWorksSimulink designs built with Xilinx's System Generator and Vivado High-Level Synthesis.
The Vivado Tcl Store is a scripting system for developing add-ons to Vivado, and can be used to add and modify Vivado's capabilities. Tcl is the scripting language on which Vivado itself is based. All of Vivado's underlying functions can be invoked and controlled via Tcl scripts.
Vivado supports Xilinx's 7-series and all the newer devices (UltraScale and UltraScale+ series). For development targeting older Xilinx's devices and CPLDs, the already discontinued Xilinx ISE has to be used.
- ^ abc"Xilinx Inc, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Apr 25, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- ^Vivado 2020.2 Release, Xilinx
- ^ abVivado Design Suite and User Guide, Release Notes, Installation, and Licensing, UG973 (v2020.2), February 3, 2021, Xilinx
- ^"Vivado Design Suite Evaluation and WebPACK". Xilinx. n.d. Retrieved October 4, 2020.
- ^Morris, Kevi (2014-11-18). "FPGAs Cool Off the Datacenter, Xilinx Heats Up the Race". Electronic Engineering Journal.
- ^ ab"Xilinx and its Ecosystem Demonstrate All Programmable and Smarter Vision Solutions at ISE 2015". SAN JOSE. 2015-02-04.
- ^"Xilinx Vivado Design Suite Now Available in WebPACK Edition". SAN JOSE: Design & Reuse. 2012-12-19.
- ^Morris, Kevin (2014-02-25). "Xilinx vs. Altera, Calling the Action in the Greatest Semiconductor Rivalry". Electronic Engineering Journal.
- ^Vivado Design Suite, Xilinx Website
- ^Vivado Design Suite, First version released in 2012, Xilinx Downloads
- ^Vivado Features, Xilinx
- ^Joselyn, Louise (2013-12-10). "The road to success is long and hard for eda start ups". New Electronics.
- ^EDN. "The Vivado Design Suite accelerates programmable systems integration and implementation by up to 4X." Jun 15, 2012. Retrieved Jun 25, 2013.
- ^Clive Maxfield, EE Times. "WebPACK edition of Xilinx Vivado Design Suite now available." Dec 20, 2012. Retrieved Jun 25, 2013.
- ^Xilinx Accelerates Productivity for Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs with the Vivado Design Suite 2014.3, SDK, and New UltraFast Embedded Design Methodology Guide, SAN JOSE, Oct. 8, 2014, Design & Reuse
- ^ abcd"Vivado Design Suite 2014.1 Increases Productivity with Automation of UltraFast Design Methodology and OpenCL Hardware Acceleration". SAN JOSE: Market Watch. 2014-04-16.
- ^Maxfield, Clive (2013-07-26). "Free High-Level Synthesis Guide for S/W Engineers". EE Times.
- ^Wilson, Richard (2014-05-27). "How to make slow software run quicker". Electronics Weekly.
- ^ abcdeMorris, Kevin (2014-05-06). "Viva Vivado!, Xilinx Tunes-Up Tools". Electronic Engineering Journal.
- ^Wilson, Richard (2013-09-11). "Xilinx, MathWorks and National Instruments work on high-level FPGA design". Electronics Weekly.
But let's leave the details. At this time, my uncle (or rather my stepfather's brother) came to our house. We lived in a village, but not a small one, with about 2-3 thousand inhabitants. From the first day of his arrival, I didn't really like him. The fact is that I had not seen him before, so our meeting was held for the first time.
However, Jessica really saw no point in going back. What was the point when she wanted to spend her entire life with Marla. We drove to the hostel in silence. Arriving and carrying bags into the room, the girl and the goddess stood in front of each other.
However, soon she slowly but persistently resumed the pace of her "work". It was necessary to get to the device responsible for the panorama and. Determine the site of the incident. But Joseph understood that it was not only the excited girl who was now an obstacle on this path.
The Planetary Head frolicked, rather rudely thrusting one of his bodyguards onto an organ hidden from Joseph's view.
You will also like:
- Goldendoodle rescue
- Necromancer builds
- Five hazardous attitudes
- Ezviz outdoor 1080p security camera
- Hyrule warriora
- Digimon dark masters
- Earbuds walmart
- Black curtain bracket
- Steinhafels sleeper sofas
You dont like tenderness. Two months have passed since our first meeting. And tonight is her first race. Frankly, I was a little worried. For two whole months, not only she plowed, but also me.