Matthew Benjakarn "Matt" Braly (Born November 8, 1988) is an American animator, director, writer, producer, and storyboard artist. He is best known for creating and executive-producing the Disney Channel animated series Amphibia, as well as directing on Gravity Falls and Big City Greens.
Braly was inspired to pursue a career in animation after a "career day" at high school, where a Pixar animator drew an image of Lumiere from Disney's Beauty and the Beast while talking about working on animation for a living, and started his career studying at the CalArts institute. After graduating, he joined DreamWorks Animation, where he worked as an storyboard artist in the computer-animated film Turbo (2013).
While working on Turbo, Braly and several other DreamWorks Animation storyboard artists went to visit Alex Hirsch, who was working on a show titled Gravity Falls (2012–16) for Disney Television Animation. Hirsch also went to CalArts and, while they never studied together, Braly liked his student films. During the visit, Hirsch pitched Gravity Falls to Braly.
Fascinated by the concept and how Hirsch wanted it to be serialized program, Braly did a test to work on the show, after which he was hired, serving as a storyboard artist and director for the series. Braly credited Hirsch as the one who "taught [him] so much about storytelling, about developing characters and developing a world", as well as the one who inspired him to create his own show. The series premiered on June 15, 2012, and ended on February 15, 2016. In 2016, Braly won an Annie Award for directing the Gravity Falls episode "Northwest Mansion Mystery". Braly also served as an in-house key animator for the closing scene for the episode "Not What He Seems".
After directing on Big City Greens, Braly developed a show titled Amphibia, for Disney. The show centers on the adventures of a Thai-American girl named Anne Boonchuy in the titular frog-populated world. The show is based on Braly's childhood trips to Bangkok, Thailand, where he felt like an outsider but ultimately ended up not wanting to leave. He also drew inspiration from video games such as The Legend of Zelda and Chrono Trigger. Braly, who is Thai-American himself, made the choice of making the lead character Thai-American due to a wish to creating a Thai character, as there were few Thai lead characters in television series when he was a kid. The series premiered on July 11, 2019, and is currently airing its third season.
As a kid, Braly used to watch films such as Mortal Kombat (1995) due to them being filmed in Thailand, as there was no Thai representation on TV. He also used to draw characters from franchises like Mortal Kombat and Sonic the Hedgehog. Braly's mother, On Braly, provides the voice of Mrs. Boonchuy on Amphibia. "Lost in Newtopia" and "Ivy on the Run". Braly is a fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, and was inspired by the opening sequence in the first episode of the anime Sonic X for the climax of the Amphibia episode "True Colors". Similarly, he was inspired by several horror films for the episode "The Shut-In" due to being a horror fan. He is also a fan of the Disney series Gargoyles and the film The Princess and the Frog; cast members from both productions have appeared through Amphibia.
Nominations and awards
- ^Radulovic, Petrana (August 14, 2020). "The Disney channel series inspired by Zelda finally gets a retro-game reimagining". Polygon. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^ abcdSit Down and Think With Amphibia Creator Matt Braly
- ^ abcdefgWONDERS OF ANIMATION: TALKING TO MATT BRALY OF AMPHIBIA
- ^Hughes, William (November 20, 2015). "Gravity Falls is ending". The A.V. Club. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- ^ ab"43RD ANNUAL ANNIE AWARDS". AnnieAwards.org. Archived from the original on April 22, 2019. Retrieved February 13, 2020.
- ^Animation I did from the last scene of Not What He Seems. Keys by Matt Braly. Woo
- ^AMPHIBIA Q&A with Matt Braly
- ^ abPetski, Denise. "Disney Channel Launching Toon Series Amphibia and The Owl House, Renews Star vs. the Forces of Evil for Season 4". Deadline.com. Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- ^Matt Braly, creador de Amphibia y Gravity Falls: “Siempre quise crear mi propia fantasía” (In Spanish)
- ^Disney's Amphibia, inspired by Zelda, gets a retro 8-bit theme song opening
- ^ ab‘Amphibia’ creator wants kids to feel seen with his Thai American heroine
- ^Ramos, Dino-Ray (June 23, 2020). "Disney Channel Renews 'Amphibia' For Season 3; Kermit The Frog, Jenifer Lewis, George Takei And More To Guest Star On Season 2". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 23, 2020.
- ^My mother, On Braly, voiced Anne's mother in a flashback during today's episode - Family Fishing Trip. You can hear her yelling in Thai off screen, which if you come from a bilingual household should sound pretty familiar. She's never voice acted before but was a TOTAL PRO.
- ^Talking Amphibia On Disney Channel With Matt Braly – Exclusive
- ^Fun fact: I paid genius storyboard artists and showrunners Dana Terrace and @Radrappy out of my own pocket. (I paid @radrappy with a PS4!) to help sell the movie and this is one of Dana's shots that made it into the final movie! Jenny Li and Patrick Mueller animated this shot
- ^ abcharacters I have voiced on #amphibia thus far
- ^"Daytime Emmy Awards"(PDF). Deadline. June 28, 2021. Retrieved June 28, 2021.
Matthew "Matt" Braly
November 8, 1988
He also voices Chuck, a Newtopian gatekeeper, the Seamstress, and Frobo.
Braly graduated from the California Institute of Arts with a major in character animation. He interned at Pixar and had a job as a story artist at DreamWorks. He joined Disney Television Animation in 2011. Braly had previously worked on Gravity Falls and Steven Universe, as a storyboard artist and revisionist, as well as working on other Disney shows such as Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer, Big City Greens, and DuckTales, he also worked on a 2013 film, Turbo. He had recently left working for Big City Greens in order to create his own animated series, Amphibia.
He co-wrote all of the episodes with Jack Ferraiolo.
Click here to view the gallery.
- In Reddit he stated his wife is a software engineer and is smarter than him.
- In 2016, Braly won an Annie Award for directing the Gravity Falls episode "Northwest Mansion Mystery".
- Matt said he was the Marcy in his friend group.
And with a penis. Alexei stopped taking medications, but his chest and hips grew a little more. This is by inertia. It will stop soon. And everything will come to naught.
And at some point, the company, which included my boyfriend, decided that there was not enough booze, and it was high time to go for more. On the clock, the time was moving towards night and this situation did not suit me, and stupidly, because of excitement, I did. Not want to let me in. But he didn't care, the alcohol had already hit his head and he invited me to have some fun in the company of the.
Guys, he successfully dumped into the twilight.
All the guests worked in the Ministry of Internal Affairs and knew perfectly well that he had invented something interesting, but unwisely refused. High co-authorship. So I ended up in places not so distant. Yes, they figured it out and released, and even paid compensation, but.
- Prs with bigsby
- Sunset chevrolet
- Nixplay login
- Japanese ram tattoo
- Religion long sleeve t shirt
- Notions marketing
- New york yankee bed sheets
- Poughkeepsie weather
- Ceremony cards wedding
- Zillow iowa
- Ever after high dolls pictures
- Cheap server motherboard
I tried very hard to carefully lick every fold of juices and sperm, and if my sister got an orgasm, then I was rewarded by fisting my. Ass into which her fist entered without any problems. Then I dressed, I have already accumulated a very good wardrobe of women's clothing.