Building Permit Submittal Requirements
The Community Development Department currently provides four methods for individuals to apply for building permits, including:
Email the Application (Preferred)
All applications and supporting documents can be submitted via email to our Permit Technician at [email protected]
SMARTGov Website Permit PortalPermits may be applied for using the SMARTGov Website Permit Portal. The SMARTGov website portal also allows customers to schedule inspections, review inspection results and review the status of their permit application during the plan review process.
Mail the ApplicationContact the Building Department prior to mailing any permit application. The permit application may be mailed along with required submittal documents and permit fees onlyafter contacting the Building Department.
Apply in PersonPermit applications may be submitted in person at the address shown on this page. Permit staff is available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am -12:00 pm, 1:00 pm -5:00 pm.
From Kittitas County Community Development Services (CDS):
Kittitas County, WA – 04/02/2020 – Beginning Friday, April 3, 2020, Kittitas County Community Development Services (CDS) will resume accepting and reviewing applications while our office remains closed under the Governor’s Stay at Home Order. Applications will be processed as follows:
- Building permit applications requiring full size plans may be mailed to 411 N. Ruby Street, Suite 2, Ellensburg, Washington 98926 or may be deposited in the CDS drop box located outside of our office on Ruby Street. Applications must include a check for the required fees made out to Kittitas County CDS, unless you would like to pay fees by credit card. If you would like to pay fees by credit card, please indicate that in your application and we will contact you by phone for credit card information. Please note that a 3% service fee is required if paying by credit card.
- All other applications may be submitted to [email protected], may be submitted by mail to 411 N. Ruby Street, Suite 2, Ellensburg, Washington 98926, or may be deposited in the CDS drop box located outside of our office on Ruby Street. Applications must include a check for the required fees made out to Kittitas County CDS, unless you would like to pay fees by credit card. If you would like to pay fees by credit card, please indicate that in your application and we will contact you by phone for credit card information. Please note that a 3% service fee is required if paying by credit card.
- Once CDS staff has collected and reviewed your submittal, we will contact you to verify receipt of your application and to let you know if additional information or submittal items are required.
- When building permits are ready to be issued, staff will schedule an appointment for the applicant to pick up the permit. Permits will be picked up from a no-contact pickup area outside of CDS. All permits issued will include a statement that “Non-essential construction is not permitted per the Governor’s stay at home order and construction may not commence until the Governor has lifted the order.”
- CDS staff will only conduct inspections that are deemed essential under the Governor’s Stay at Home Order. Requests for such inspections may be submitted to 509-933-8222 or [email protected] and will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Pre-application conferences have been temporarily waived for all applications per Resolution No. 2020-052.
- Planning applications will be reviewed to the extent possible under the Governor’s Stay at Home Order. No public hearings will be scheduled until the Governor’s order has been lifted and assurances have been made that any social distancing or other guidelines can be met.
- Final plat applications will be reviewed to the extent possible under the Governor’s Stay at Home Order. Final mylars will not be accepted, routed for signature, or recorded until the Governor’s order has been lifted.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We will be making additional changes to our processes as necessary, and we will keep you updated as we do. Please call or email our office if you have any questions.
Building Departments in Kittitas County, Washington
There are 3 Building Departments in Kittitas County, Washington, serving a population of 43,726 people in an area of 2,297 square miles. There is 1 Building Department per 14,575 people, and 1 Building Department per 765 square miles.
In Washington, Kittitas County is ranked 11th of 39 counties in Building Departments per capita, and 22nd of 39 counties in Building Departments per square mile.
List of Kittitas County Building Departments
Find Kittitas County, Washington building departments, planning, permits, zoning, and inspections.
About the Kittitas County Building Department
Building Departments in Kittitas County, WA are responsible for ensuring safe construction of buildings located in their jurisdictions. Building Departments create building codes and standards for building construction to ensure building safety. The Kittitas County DOB is involved in all aspects of construction, including zoning laws, design requirements, building materials, trade and professional license regulation.You may contact the Building Department for questions about:
- Kittitas County, Washington building inspection records
- Contractor license searches
- Kittitas County building codes
- Building permit violations, appeals, and fines
- Construction permits and building ordinances
- Kittitas County, WA zoning laws and requirements
Kittitas County Building Structure & Housing Statistics
Find Kittitas County Residential Housing Units, Occupied Residential Buildings Construction Year, Occupied Residential Buildings Room Characteristics, Occupied Residential Buildings Bedroom Characteristics, and Occupied Residential Building Facility Characteristics. Data Source: U.S. Census Bureau; American Community Survey, 2018 ACS 5-Year Estimates.
|Total Housing Units||23,393||3,064,381|
|Occupied Housing Units||18,003 (77.0%)||2,800,423 (91.4%)|
|Single-Family Detached Homes||11,927 (66.3%)||1,782,051 (63.6%)|
|Single-Family Attached Homes||443 (2.5%)||110,844 (4.0%)|
|2 Apartments||831 (4.6%)||66,245 (2.4%)|
|3 or 4 Apartments||1,044 (5.8%)||100,527 (3.6%)|
|5 to 9 Apartments||469 (2.6%)||127,774 (4.6%)|
|10 or More Apartments||1,936 (10.8%)||435,497 (15.6%)|
|Mobile Home or Other Type of Housing||1,353 (7.5%)||177,485 (6.3%)|
|2014 or Later||238 (1.3%)||62,312 (2.2%)|
|2010 to 2013||681 (3.8%)||99,185 (3.5%)|
|2000 to 2009||3,583 (19.9%)||440,508 (15.7%)|
|1980 to 1999||4,610 (25.6%)||852,224 (30.4%)|
|1960 to 1979||3,992 (22.2%)||712,540 (25.4%)|
|1940 to 1959||1,916 (1,916.0%)||349,181 (349,181.0%)|
|1939 or Earlier||2,983 (16.6%)||284,473 (10.2%)|
|1 Room||523 (2.9%)||74,460 (2.7%)|
|2 or 3 Rooms||12,994 (72.2%)||1,757,506 (62.8%)|
|4 or 5 Rooms||6,048 (33.6%)||909,467 (32.5%)|
|6 or 7 Rooms||5,702 (31.7%)||811,744 (29.0%)|
|8 or More Rooms||2,904 (16.1%)||650,359 (23.2%)|
|No Bedroom||565 (3.1%)||85,244 (3.0%)|
|1 Bedroom||1,930 (10.7%)||307,033 (11.0%)|
|2 or 3 Bedrooms||12,994 (72.2%)||1,757,506 (62.8%)|
|4 or More Bedrooms||2,514 (14.0%)||650,640 (23.2%)|
|With Complete Plumbing Facilities||17,956 (99.7%)||2,788,509 (99.6%)|
|With Complete Kitchen Facilities||17,756 (98.6%)||2,771,941 (99.0%)|
Building Departments near Kittitas County
Kittitas County Public Records
Other Kittitas County Offices
And now, my sisters will definitely disown me. I am ready to lay down my arms and ask for clemency on my knees. Become a slave. - Frightened asked the blonde, turning her face back. Not a slave, but a servant.
Permits kittitas county
The minibus stopped in some kind of underground garage. Monolithic concrete beams towered overhead, on which fluorescent lamps were fixed. Climbing the spiral staircase upstairs, the group found themselves in a small hall with soft white sofas. Without a word, the lady led them through a dim corridor into a large, bright room with a massive oak table and many chairs made of the same material.
On the table, batteries of crystal glasses with a red drink glittered.Community honors fallen Kittitas County deputy
Bagheera was a technologist in that group, but the production processes in our personal communication took a minimum of time, close to zero. But with great enthusiasm of a lover of excursions, she told how she liked the beauty of our nature and local attractions.
She was quite objective about the peculiarities of the southeastern male mentality: without pink glasses, but also without black glasses. Then we made an appointment. which, by an unfortunate misunderstanding, fell through.
You will also like:
- History discord server
- Dodge challenger 2007 for sale
- Adjustable dumbbell
- Nag ashwin
- Ones matlab
- Only in the moonlight aqha
- 89 4runner
- Illager banner
- Carbon paintball
- Majedar chutkule jokes in hindi
- Reddit audiophile
I spent the rest of the day in my room so as not to. See anyone, only at night I made my way to the kitchen to have a snack. I would have met this creature, as if I would have killed. - Pink's fist clenched on the staff so that the knuckles turned white.