Series / Muñeca Brava
What's up, troper?Muñeca Brava(Angry Doll) was a 1999 Argentine telenovela, starring Natalia Oreiroand Facundo Arana.
Milagros Expósito, called "La Cholito", grew up in a convent. Her mother had arrived to it, gave birth and died; the priest knew barely anything about her, and she never met her father. She could only stay in the convent until being 18 years old, then she has to leave. She was hired by the Di Carlo family, to look after the elder Angélica. Angélica is a troubled woman, because 18 years ago her son Federico left the maid Rosario pregnant, but was forced to get married with the fine lady Luisa. Rosario run away from the mansion, and they could never locate her again. What a coincidence!
Muñeca Brava contains examples of:
- Actually, I Am Him: Ivo first met Milagros in a bailanta (a type of Argentine disco for poor people), dressed like a femme fatale, and tried in vain to flirt with her. He met her again later, with her tomboy clothing, and did not notice any relation. Eventually, he invited her to a romatic date, to humilliate her. She let herself be humilliated, and asked for a bathroom break. She emerged from the bathroom as the femme fatale of the bailanta, so that Ivo knew that he was being mean with the girl he wanted so much... and that he has now lost.
- Animal Motifs: Lina has her clothes all filled with stickers of butterflies.
- Appropriated Appellation: Sor Catalina, a fat monk, was called "Sor Cachete" by the Cholito. She liked that name and used it as well, and the priest does so as well.
- Beleaguered Assistant: All the maids and workers in the mansion are this, to some degree.
- Delayed Reaction: Everybody thought that Ramón had left Socorro pregnant. He had not, as Lina explained to Mili: Rocky was not saying that, he was talking about Ramón's other daughter. Ah, fine, that explains everything... hey, wait a minute! what daughter?!
- Establishing Character Moment: When Ivo and Cholito first met, in the first episode. Ivo kissed her, "to find out if she's really a girl". The Cholito kicked him in the groin, "to find out if he's really a man".
- God Help Us All: Father Manuel was the first one to discover that the Cholito was the daughter of Federico. He was very concerned about the risk of a Surprise Incest if she fell in love with Ivo. So he asked Gloria if the Cholito likes him, or what. Gloria thinks that they look like a lovely couple, and that perhaps some day they will get married in the convent! Manuel simply made the sign of the cross...
- The Hermit:
- Pablo. His father Damian drove drunk, crashed, and killed his wife, Pablo's girlfriend, and left Pablo's crippled. Pablo secluded himself in his room, never left it, and only allowed the butler Bernando to come in.
- Angélica was also secluded in her room since the departure of Rosario. When Milagros first left the house, she finally found a motivation to leave her room, and go to the convent to ask for her forgiving and request her return.
- Not Under the Parents' Roof: The Di Carlo family are a powerful and conservative family... at, least, the adults. They usually enforce strict rules, such as this one. Fortunately for the younger Ivo, as the family is so rich, he has an apartment that he uses specifically for dates and have sex.
- Obfuscating Disability: Actually, Pablo is not disabled. He can walk perfectly fine, but he wants to make his father suffer from feeling guilty.
- Poor Communication Kills: Angélica goes downstairs and congratulates Socorro for her pregnancy... and she's tired of all that: she's not pregnant! Let's clarify all this: Bernardo told this to Angélica. Where did he got that info?
Bernardo: Marta told me!
Marta: Ramón told me!
Ramón: Lina told me!
Lina: Rocky told me!
Rocky: Yes, I told Lina, but I was talking about Ramón's other daughter. What, did he left Socorro pregnant as well?
- Servile Snarker: Bernardo. He hates both Federico and Luisa, because his sister loved Federico, he left her for Luisa, and she left the mansion (still pregnant) and died. Still, he never attacks them, or insults them... not directly, at least.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: The Cholito, much to the horror of the monks and everybody in the mansion (except Angélica, who eventually grew to like her, with swearings and all).
- Those Two Guys: Ramón and Rocky. Rocky loves Victoria, and Ramón advises him how to seduce him.
- Title Drop: Bernardo once described Mili as a "Muñeca Brava". Roll credits!
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Cholito is a tomboy, and both her relation with Gloria (a fellow orphan on the convent) and Lina (another maid) are like this.
- Translation Train Wreck: Victoria knows German and France, but not English. Rocky tried to seduce her by pretending to know how to speak it. It worked... until she had a meeting with an American fashion business woman that did not speak Spanish, and who wanted to hire her as her agent in Argentina. Rocky was immediately called to work as a translator; and Victoria ended up signing both to be her agent, and also to be a model of underwear clothing.
- Ultimate Job Security: Luisa, Victoria, Andrea, and even Ivo and Federico at times, all want to fire the Cholito as soon as possible. But she's the favorite of Angélica, it is her assistant, so they can't fire her. The other employees do not have her special protection, but they also risk firing several times and get pardoned each time.
Full Cast & Crew
|Created by||Enrique Oscar Torres|
|Written by||Enrique Oscar Torres|
|Directed by||Hernán Abrahamnsohn|
|Theme music composer||Pablo Durand|
Fernando López Rossi
|Opening theme||Cambio Dolor by Natalia Oreiro|
|Ending theme||Cambio Dolor by Natalia Oreiro|
|Country of origin||Argentina|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||270|
|Executive producer||Susana Rudni|
|Production locations||Bariloche, Argentina|
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Gualeguaychú, Entre Ríos, Argentina
|Running time||60 Minutes|
|Original release||November 16, 1998 (1998-11-16) –|
December 17, 1999 (1999-12-17)
Muñeca Brava (Wild Angel; lit. "Rough Doll") is an Argentinetelenovela, produced by Telefe in 1998–1999. The television series was broadcast in more than 80 countries over the world, enjoying high ratings.
The show was written by Enrique Oscar Torres and directed by Hernán Abrahamsohn, Gaita Aragona and Víctor Stella. The first episode was aired in Argentina on 10 October 1998 on channel Telefe. The play was filmed mainly in Argentina (Buenos Aires). Though some of the episodes were filmed in Italy and Spain. The programme is known for launching the international career of Natalia Oreiro.
The story revolves around Milagros and Ivo, two people who fall in love with each other in spite of the odds against them. It is a romantic comedy novela that also touches on issues of family, wealth, greed, deception, and most of all—love. Milagros was brought up in an orphanage when her mother died giving birth to her. She had no idea who her father was and spent all her years despising him for abandoning them.
She ends up becoming a house servant at the Di Carlo mansion when she turns 18, since she can no longer stay in the orphanage. In the mansion, she meets new friends, and people who treat her as family. But she also gains new foes who hate her for her tactless and feisty character. Most of all, she meets the love of her life, Ivo Di Carlo, the heir of the Di Carlo fortune. Theirs is a love-hate relationship, decorated with comedic antics they play on each other, and passion of their true love.
Ivo Di Carlo is a playboy, immature, and boastful. He has had everything handed to him on a silver platter. But he lacks the love of a father, as Federico Di Carlo makes him feel unwanted. Milagros, on the other hand, is religious, playful, and has a strong character. Their relationship survives many challenges, including issues that root from their parents' deceptive acts, secret love affairs, greediness, and ambition. As a playboy, Ivo also has several girls that go between him and Milagros, the most significant are Andrea, Florencia, and Pilar. Milagros also has flings of her own, she forges relationships with Pablo and Sergio.
At some points, the two even think they are siblings, as Federico Di Carlo is revealed to be Milagros' real father. However, it is also later revealed that Ivo is the son of Luisa Di Carlo's lover, Nestor Miranda. In the end, Ivo and Milagros survive the tests of their relationship and wed in front of the people they love.
- Cambio dolor or Cambio Dolor (Pumpin' Dolls Pool Party Club Mix)
- Me muero de amor
- Vengo del mar
- De tu Amor or De Tu Amor (Pumpin' Dolls Fashion Club Mix)
- Se pego en mi piel
- Sabrosito y dulzon
- Y te vas conmigo
- Fuiste original singing by Gilda, performance in Muñeca brava performed Oreiro
- Nada mas que hablar
- Que si que si or Que Si, Que Si (Little Corp Mix)
- Rafaga performed by mostly at the disco party
- La Luna y Tu
- Maldito corazon
- ^ abcdeIMDb Retrieved on 2007-12-11
- ^IMDb Retrieved on 2007-12-10
- ^CELEBSRATEArchived 2008-05-02 at the Wayback Machine This telenovela was broadcast in all Latin America, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, United States etc. Retrieved on 2007-12-10
- ^IMDb Retrieved on 2007-12-10
- ^LaguiatvArchived 2011-07-13 at archive.today Retrieved on 2007-12-10
- ^ASKMEN Retrieved on 2007-12-10
- ^Worldscreen Retrieved on 2007-12-11
- ^IMDb For example in Poland the show was released on 29 May 2000, and re-released twice, on 2 September 2002 and again on 19 November 2004.
- ^IMDb Retrieved on 2007-12-10
- ^UNIVISIONArchived 2008-06-11 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved on 2007-12-10
- ^IMDb Retrieved on 2007-12-12
- ^TelefeArchived 2007-10-13 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved on 2007-12-12
- ^IMDb Retrieved on 2007-12-12
- ^es:Sebastián Miranda (actor)
In the 2000s, started a fairly successful business, acquired acquaintances in the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the FSB. He was never noticed in a fluttering or raising voice, but he was an indisputable authority for one and all. And so it turned out that Nastya wasted not.
Just the money of the company, the organization, but she lost the personal money of a serious bandit. Even in the past.
Someone should have their boobs ripped off. we are not fighting with anyone today. No, you know. Today, the routine is expansion of territories.
Waking up, I immediately sat down, examining the light that had gone out during my sleep. The lamps, feeling my gaze, winked, as it seemed to me, with mischief, and flared up. The white basement corridor lay in front of me again. The red fluid continued to give me languid warmth in my lower abdomen, calling me to sensual passion.
Slightly basked in the sun, got up and stretched. Felt just fine. I remembered yesterday: a bike ride, sex in the woods.