Bryant & Stratton College Online Reviews
"This school is a scam! After completing a year worth of courses, I finally started the nursing courses(last year of program). I had a medical emergency, on a clinical day. How am I supposed to call 60 minutes prior to clinical, if I'm going to be absent, if I'm unable to?! Clinical instructor had no empathy, no concern, did not believe me. Rushed as fast as she could to Fail me and destroy the rest of my nursing program progression by giving me an F for the whole course. Over $30k gone to waste, because none of the credits transfer, and no school will accept me with an F. Run from this place, and go to a not for profit or community College. All these scammers want is your money, and not your success. If they made me get a physical, which stated I had a medical problem, and they accepted me into this program, why are they discriminating me now? This place favors only the young. If you are older, and have a disability, they'll do anything to fail you."
Bryant & Stratton College
|President||Francis J. Felser, DM|
|Campus||Buffalo (main campus). Additional locations in New York, Ohio, Wisconsin, Virginia, and Online.|
|Colors||Blue, White, Lime Green |
|Affiliations||Association of Proprietary Colleges|
Bryant & Stratton College (BSC) is a private for-profit college with campuses in New York, Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin, as well as an online campus. Founded in 1854, the college offers associate degree programs at all campuses and bachelor's degree programs at some campuses. The college is approved by the New York State Board of Regents and regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
John Collins Bryant, Henry Beadman Bryant, and Henry Dwight Stratton were early graduates of Folsom Business College in Cleveland, Ohio, which they later purchased from Ezekiel G. Folsom, who founded his school in 1848. Folsom was a former student of Platt Rogers Spencer who developed a standardized style of writing useful in business transactions before the invention of the typewriter.
Platt Spencer played a role in the formation of Bryant & Stratton College serving as a partner and teacher at the school which originally focused on bookkeeping and standardized penmanship. Bryant & Stratton College was organized in 1854 to provide practical workplace education, and was formerly known as Bryant and Stratton Business Institute. A year later they developed programs for women. The college became well known in the middle of the 19th century under Platt's influence.
In addition to the Cleveland school, Bryant and Stratton established business schools that operated under the name of Bryant & Stratton & Co's chain of International Commercial Colleges in most major US cities. By 1864 as many as 40 to 50 schools existed. Tuition was $40 for an entire program of study. According to AJ Angulo, the chain was not without controversy about its marketing and business practices, and it declined in size after the death of Mr. Stratton.
In 2008, a private equity firm Parthenon Capital Partners bought a significant stake in the school.
In 2009, Bryant & Stratton was the first college to host an online graduation ceremony on Second Life.
The firm was bought out by the Bryant & Stratton Limited Partnership (family) in 2017.
In 2018, Bryant and Stratton opened a school in Racine, Wisconsin, closed its downtown Milwaukee campus, and moved its Cleveland campus to Solon in Ohio.
Today, there are 19 physical locations and an online education division. The board chair of the school is Bryant Prentice III, great-great grandson of Dr. J.C. Bryant. The current president of Bryant & Stratton is Francis J. Felser, who has a doctorate from University of Phoenix. and has worked in various capacities at the school for more than 25 years.
In December 2020, Bryant & Stratton College announced that they would be donating the school to their non-profit family foundation.
Bryant & Stratton's online faculty consists of 30 full-time instructors and 407 part-time instructors. The Buffalo campus has 16 full-time instructors and 47 part-time instructors.
Bryant & Stratton College offers Associate's and bachelor's degrees in healthcare, business, homeland security, legal studies, design, early childhood education and technology (IT).
According to the College Scorecard, Bryant & Stratton online has a 20 percent graduation rate, a 19 percent student loan repayment rate, and a typical total debt after graduation of $23,055. College Navigator reports a 27 percent graduation rate and a 12 percent transfer-out rate.
Bryant & Stratton College has Junior College Division II sports at several campuses and actively recruits high school students.
Main category: Bryant and Stratton College alumni
Notable students of the school include Henry Ford,R.J. Reynolds and Joseph E. Seagram.
- Lou Blonger, crime boss
- Albert Elijah Dunning, theologian
- Henry Ford, car manufacturer, billionaire, philanthropist
- John W. Harreld, senator
- James J. Heffernan, US representative
- Antonio Joseph, politician
- Shalrie Joseph, head coach of the Grenada national football team
- John D. Larkin, founder of Larkin Company
- Martin B. Madden, U.S. representative
- J. L. R. McCollum, member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
- Timothy McVeigh, American domestic terrorist
- John William Moore, US representative
- R. J. Reynolds, tobacco manufacturer
- John D. Rockefeller, oligarch, billionaire, philanthropist
- Arthur Schoellkopf, industrialist
- Joseph E. Seagram, Canadian businessman (founder of Seagram Distillery) and politician
- Charles Woodruff, Brigadier General in the United States Army
Bryant & Stratton launched its online division in 1997. The college provides selected degrees over the Internet. According to College Navigator, approximately 40 percent of BSC's students are participating as online students.
New York State campuses can be found in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, and six other locations. Ohio has four campuses, including Akron. Virginia has campuses in Hampton, Richmond, and Virginia Beach. In Wisconsin, there are three campuses.
On April 3, 2015, Bryant & Stratton College was placed on a Department of Education list to have its finances more closely scrutinized (a process called Heightened Cash Monitoring). Colleges placed on this list generally have federal funding restricted due to concerns of their financial responsibility.
- ^ abcd"Bryant & Stratton College - History".
- ^ abcdef"Bryant & Stratton Chain of Business Schools". Ohio History Central. Archived from the original on 2019-06-04.
- ^"Bryant & Stratton College - President".
- ^"Bryant & Stratton College". College Scorecard. US Department of Education. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- ^Bryant & Stratton College - Accreditation
- ^"Accreditation". Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Archived from the original on 2018-10-18.
- ^Angulo, A.J. (March 15, 2016). Diploma Mills: How For-Profit Colleges Stiffed Students, Taxpayers, and the. Johns Hopkins University Press. pp. 8–10, 18, 193. ISBN . Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- ^"Bryant & Stratton Business College". Kentucky Secretary of State.
- ^"Bryant History and Traditions". bryant.edu. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- ^Diploma Mills: How For-Profit Colleges Stiffed Students, Taxpayers, and the American Dream. Johns Hopkins University Press. March 15, 2016. pp. Google books version does not have pages. ISBN . Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- ^"Private-Equity Investor Buys Stake in Bryant & Stratton College". Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- ^"Parthenon Capital and Bryant & Stratton College Complete Recapitalization Transaction". Parthenon Capital. 5 February 2008. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- ^Paul Wagenseil, "College Plans Virtual Graduation for Online Students," Fox News, June 8, 2009, found at Fox News website. Accessed June 11, 2009.
- ^"Regents Files"(PDF). NY State Regents. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- ^"Bryant & Stratton College announces new Racine County campus location". tmj4.com. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- ^"Joshua Joseph- Bryant & Stratton College's New Solon Campus 10.15.18". wkyc.com. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- ^ abc"Locations". Bryant & Stratton College.
- ^"BRYANT H. PRENTICE JR., 81, LEADER FOR KRAFT, SCHOOLS". Chicago Tribume. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- ^"BOARD OF DIRECTORS & EXECUTIVE OFFICERS". Bryant & Stratton. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- ^"New President at Bryant & Stratton College to continue to arm students for success". Bryant & Stratton. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- ^Whitford, Emma. "Bryant & Stratton Pursues Nonprofit Conversion". insidehighered.com. Retrieved 5 December 2020.
- ^"Bryant & Stratton College-Online". College Navigator. US Department of Education. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- ^"Bryant & Stratton College-Buffalo". College Navigator. US Department of Education. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- ^"Bryant & Stratton College -Curriculum".
- ^"College scorecard". College Scorecard. US Department of Education. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- ^"Bryant & Stratton College-Online". College Scorecard. US Department of Education. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- ^"Bryant & Stratton College-Online". College Navigator. US Department of Education (NCES). Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- ^"COLLEGE ATHLETICS". Bryant & Stratton. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- ^ abIn about 1879, Ford studied bookkeeping at Goldsmith, Bryant & Stratton Business College in Detroit, which was at the time part of the Bryant & Stratton College system. See Steven Watts, The People's Tycoon: Henry Ford and the American Century (Random House, 2006), p. 28. Found at Google Books.
- ^ abBrant & Fuller (1892). Cyclopedia of Eminent and Representative Men of the Carolinas (2 ed.). Brant & Fuller. p. 550.
- ^ abThomson, Andrew (1998). Joseph Emm Seagram (XIV ed.). Dictionary of Canadian Biography. University of Toronto.
- ^Lou Blonger's military pension file, filed 1887-11-05.
- ^"OBITUARY RECORD OF YALE GRADUATES 1923-1924"(PDF). Yale University. 1 August 1924. p. 1018. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- ^"Harreld, John William, (1872 - 1950)", Biographical Dictionary of the United States Congress, accessed June 20, 2019.
- ^"Heffernan, James Joseph, (1888 - 1967)", Biographical Dictionary of the United States Congress, accessed June 20, 2019.
- ^"Joseph, Antonio, (1846 - 1910)", Biographical Dictionary of the United States Congress, accessed June 20, 2019.
- ^"2006 Bryant & Stratton Bobcats"(PDF). APC Spectrum. APC Colleges. Fall 2006. Archived from the original(PDF) on 27 August 2008. Retrieved 22 July 2008.
- ^"Shalrie Joseph". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved 8 July 2019.
- ^Catanese, Jake (March 13, 2018). "Shalrie Joseph Named Grenada National Team Coach".
- ^"John D. Larkin - Biography (1845-1926)", History of Buffalo, accessed June 20, 2019.
- ^The Legislative Manual of the State of Wisconsin, 1877, page 472. Here at Google Books.
- ^Chase, Alston (2004). A Mind for Murder: The Education of the Unabomber and the Origins of Modern Terrorism. W. W. Norton & Company. p. 370. ISBN .
- ^Smith, Brent L., Damhousse, Kelly R. and Roberts, Paxton, Pre-Incident Indicators of Terrorist Incidents: The Identification of Behavioral, Geographic and Temporal Patterns of Preparatory Conduct, Document No.: 214217, May 2006, p. 234, found at NCJRS Government websiteArchived 2008-03-12 at the Wayback Machine, Scribd websiteArchived 2016-03-06 at the Wayback Machine and DHS Government website. Retrieved July 22, 2009.
- ^"Moore, John William, (1877 - 1941)", Biographical Dictionary of the United States Congress, accessed June 20, 2019.
- ^Segall, Grant (8 February 2001). John D. Rockefeller: Anointed with Oil. p. 20. ISBN .
- ^Rockefeller took a ten-week business course at Folsom's Commercial College where he studied bookkeeping, which was a franchise of Bryant & Stratton. See Ellen Greenman Coffey, Nancy Shuker, John D. Rockefeller, empire builder (Silver Burdett, 1989), pp. 18, 30.
- ^Linnabery, Ann Marie (September 5, 2015). "Arthur Schoellkopf, a Niagara notable". Lockport Union-Sun & Journal. Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- ^"Recent Deaths: Charles A. Woodruff". Army and Navy Journal. New York, NY. August 28, 2020. p. 1578 – via Google Books.
- ^"HISTORY OF BRYANT & STRATTON COLLEGE". Bryant & Stratton. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- ^"College scorecard". College Scorecard. US Department of Education. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- ^Goodman, James (3 April 2015). "Two local for-profit colleges get more scrutiny". Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
English, College Success, & Career Development
Hi folks, my name is Joseph Cannistraci, and I have been with the college since 2004. My area of expertise is English, but I have been known to teach Communication, Sociology, and Computing Skills as well. I love the interaction in the classroom, and I enjoy helping students gain skills to better their lives. I live in Saratoga with my wife Michelle and my son Lucas. I'm a big music fan, and I like to play piano in my spare time. I also enjoy long walks, but it's always so cold up here!
Medical Coding/Assisting & Information Technology
518-712-7387 (google voice)
I have been teaching at BSC since 2008. I teach primarily office technology and medical administration. I am a native of the capitol region, growing up in Albany and Schenectady. I have been married for 25 years with two grown children and two grandchildren.
English, College Success, & Career Development
Three things you should know about me: I can allude to a lot of pop culture references (if they are before 2009). I can use anything to reference a Simpsons episode (if it originally aired in the 1990s). I have a pun for any subject, topic, or discussion. I've been spending the break coming up with a social distancing joke, but this is as close as I can get.
Psychology, Philosophy, & Career Development
Dr. Michael J. Fraser
Dr. Michael J. Fraser has been on the teaching staff at Bryant Stratton College for the past 13 years. His repertoire of classes taught have included general psychology, organizational psychology, interpersonal group dynamics, career development, logic & reasoning, ethics of business, medical ethics, ethics in human services & internship. Aside from his duties and responsibilities as a professor, he is also a sitting committee member on the Faculty Development Committee in which he represents the Albany Campus with the other Bryant & Stratton campuses. Dr. Fraser has been a practicing educational psychologist for the past 35 years providing assessment and counseling services to school-based children and adolescents. He has established a sports psychology consulting firm Mind Gym Associates working with athletes and programs throughout the United States. He is also utilized by the athletes and coaches within the Albany Campus here at Bryant & Stratton.
My name is Julieanne Maloney and I have been teaching at Bryant & Stratton College for almost 12 years, and I love what I do. I teach Math and Career Development classes. Math is my passion because it builds critical-thinking and problem-solving skills which are two vital abilities for succeeding in the workplace. Learning to look at a problem, analyze the possible solutions, and come up with a plan, are important life skills. Watching my students create those plans and solutions then have an “Aha” moment, brings me joy and reaffirms the reasons why I chose to teach. I encourage my students to work at their own pace and ask questions freely. My classroom is built on positivity and the firm belief that everyone who steps into it will succeed. I enjoy helping students one on one and watching each student’s confidence grow. My husband and daughter, along with our Lhasa Apso, love to spend time at camp in the Adirondacks, and we enjoy taking trips to Boston and Manhattan. I can’t wait to meet you all and begin your journey together!
Your Future Is Within Reach
30+ PROGRAMS. On Your Terms.
Get Program Information
Financial Assistance Available for Those Who Qualify.
Classes Starting January 12th
Get Started Today!
Adaptable. Accessible. Accredited.
What Makes Us Unique?
Life is complicated. School shouldn't be. Discover how we've designed our programs to maximize your success.
Help is only a call (or a click) away with a team of academic advisors, free 24/7 online tutoring service and full access to our online library.
Gain lifetime access to our Career Services that can help you find a job, whether you're looking to polish up your resume or practice for an upcoming interview.
Lots of Degree Options
Many of our academic programs are offered at various credential levels, including diploma, associate degree and bachelor's degree.
Work with our financial aid experts to get the support you need to navigate the aid process and obtain scholarships, grants and other funding.
Adaptable. Accessible. Accredited.
Student Success Stories
"At Bryant & Stratton College, I'm learning the exact skills that I'll use in practice as an OTA."Valerie D. - Occupational Therapy Assistant
"I finally got the college degree I've always wanted and Bryant & Stratton College helped me get it."Nicolle L. - Medical Reimbursement & Coding
"I wanted a college where if I needed help, I know I'd be able to get it, and I was able to find that here at Bryant & Stratton College."Mariedith M. - Medical Assisting
"I came to Bryant & Stratton College to get a private classroom setting."Latisha W. - Networking Technology
"The Bryant & Stratton College instructors were there for me every step of the way. I'm still in contact with a lot of them and I'm able to reach out if I have a question about something job-related."Jeffery A. - Networking Technology
Fuck. Dear friend !!. It's just that Kamaz will turn around in your broken pussy.
You will also be interested:
- Unpainted miniatures
- Chase paymentech
- Ge power break ii manual
- Honda generator carburetors
- Zillow pasadena, md waterfront
- 350z wheel spacers before after
- Menards lattice
- Closing assistant salary
- Kswo radar
- Tweetsie trail
- Necropolis underground
- Ts 590sg vs ic 7300
I'll talk to the Kuzmins myself. We don't need that kind of fame. Before going to bed, memories took me back to childhood. From thought to thought, associatively I am The one for whom I rushed to parties, discos, now behaved like a planter, examining a. Slave.