110 Short Inspirational Tattoo Quotes Ideas with Pictures
Tattoo Quotes have always been around in the world of tattoo’s and are extremely popular. People have many different reasons why they want to have a tattoo quote or saying.
Younger people often want to make a statement with a tattoo, especially the tattoos with a quote. Older people seek more meaning behind a tattoo or often encounter difficult times in their lives and express it through a personal tattoo quote.
While celebrities often want to be remembered by their fans through a tattoo saying or put a song lyric on their body in the form of a tattoo. Each one of these tattoo quotes has its own intriguing stories.
Here, we gather a collection of some of the best tattoo quotes that can inspire you to get one.
Short Inspirational Tattoo Quotes Ideas
Each person has his or her own favorite quotes. For some, they think of it as a memorable part of their lives or a lesson in life that they can learn from.
Therefore, if you want to get a new tattoo on your body then be sure that it is exactly what you want. It’s quite amazing to have an inspiring quote that can inspire you every morning and day in your life.
You can choose one of our best tattoo quotes for inspiration. Just print the tattoo quotes ideas you like and bring them to your tattoo shop. Any good tattoo artists should know how to recreate your personal tattoo quote without any problems.
1. For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous and his ears are open…
This is a very nice religious tattoo quotes for everyone.
2. Take care of the sense, and the sounds will take care of themselves.
A very meaningful quote that you can use as a tattoo on your body.
3. Even angels fall
Short but beautiful tattoo quote for your arm.
4. My life is my art, My art is my life
Art makes our life colorful.
5. Live by faith, not by sight
It is very important to have faith in God always.
6. Love me for who I am
If a person really loves you then he/she will accept you no matter what.
7. Too wild to live, too rare to die
This is an awesome tattoo quote for men.
8. We accept the love, we think we deserve
This is a cute love tattoo quote for women.
9. How sweet the sound
Short tattoo quote for men.
10. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love bears a memory no one can steal.
A deep and meaningful tattoo quote that is best for your arm.
11. I should have been a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas.
Tattoo quotes can be very meaningful.
12. As it was in the beginning one love so shall it be in the end one heart.
This is a famous Bob Marley quote.
13. When you left me behind you set me free.
This tattoo saying is inspired by a recent breakup.
14. She said lose your eyes and free your mind, you’re free to fly.
This is a cool tattoo quote for girls.
15. There is a change for the hearing of my heart. It really goes.
A cool tattoo quote for both arms.
16. Life’s roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors.
We must remain strong whenever challenges will come into our lives.
17. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
A beautiful tattoo quote that we can apply in our daily lives.
18. Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.
Dream big, after all it’s all free. Life is short, live your life to the fullest.
19. We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.
Sometimes it is very difficult to make some decisions in our lives.
Don’t lose hope, have faith in yourself.
21. Family like branches on a tree, we all grow in different directions.
No matter where you go, you will always return to your family.
22. By the strength within I shall succeed.
Put more effort in everything that you do.
23. Don’t worry be happy
Be happy always.
24. My soul corrupted by vengeance hath endured torment…
A famous quote from Genesis.
25. She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain.
The books that we read can greatly influence our lives.
26. And though she be but little, she is fierce
No one should underestimate the girls.
27. Happiness depends upon ourselves.
We can choose to be happy if we want to.
28. So dear love him, that with him all deaths could endure…
This is one of the greatest tattoo quotes about love.
29. Beneath the makeup and behind the smile, I am just a girl…
A simple tattoo quote for girls.
30. For every dark night, there’s a brighter day.
You should not easily get discouraged whenever you are facing a problem.
31. Do not go gentle into that good night…
Don’t give up without a fight.
32. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
This famous verse from the bible can also be used as a tattoo.
33. Don’t dream your life, live your dream.
Always believe that dreams do come true.
34. Sometimes when you fall you fly
Simple yet meaningful tattoo quote that can inspire you.
35. Through every dark night, there is a brighter day
Some days are bad, some days are good.
36. Some say I’m going the wrong way…
You will be responsible for your decisions.
37. Take a breath and be strong
Try to be strong always and be ready to accept the truth.
38. It’s only life after all
39. Flowers only last so long
Nothing can last forever.
40. The ultimate measure of a man is not who he stands in moments of comfort…
Tattoo quotes can teach us a lesson in life.
41. The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
A love that can last forever.
42. Do what you love
The only way that you can be successful is to do what you love.
43. With His love there is nothing I cannot do.
Nothing is impossible with God.
44. Every moment overflows with power, 66 thousand miles an hour.
Every little moment in our life is important.
45. You be the Anchor that keeps my feet on the ground… and I’ll be the wings….
A very sweet tattoo quote for best friends and sisters.
46. Hate without reason
There is always a reason why people hate somebody.
47. Who is more real?
Sometimes it’s hard to tell if the person is real to us.
48. Life goes on
Even how bad things are, life has to go on.
49…. and the world will be yours
Believe in yourself and you can conquer the world.
50. You believe lies so you must learn to trust no one but yourself.
You must learn how to let go and accept the fact that people change.
51. Get busy living or get busy dying
Which one do you choose?
52. We are the graceless and dumbfounded, insane with our own insatiable desire…
Famous quotes by great men are very inspiring.
53. Don’t test the ones you love, it will only tear us down.
You should trust the person you love.
54. If you want peace, prepare for war
If you want to win a war then you must have skills and discipline.
55. Lead me not into temptation
This is a wonderful prayer tattoo.
56. Walk by faith, not by sight
This is a cool tattoo quote for girls.
57. Beneath lay words that suffocate
Choose your words carefully before you spoke them because it might hurt the other person.
58. If you don’t live for something, you’ll die for nothing
All the things in this world are worth living for.
59. She flies by her own wings
Have the courage to believe in yourself.
60. Art never comes from happiness
The worst pain is when you lose someone you love.
61. This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time…
What do you want to do for the remaining part of your life?
62. When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace
It is possible to attain peace on earth.
63. Dream as if you’ll live forever
Live as if you’ll die tomorrow by doing the best each day.
64. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
God is always with us.
65. Reality is wrong, dreams are for real
Each of us should try harder to reach our goals in life.
66. If I lay here if I just lay here, would you lie with me…
Let’s spend our lives together forever.
67. You get what you give
When you give you should not expect anything in return,
68. It’s only forever… not long at all
You can’t have anything that you want.
69. In love and death
I will be with you in love and death.
70. In a world of my own
Each of us has a world of our own.
71. This too shall pass
Our existence in this world is only temporary.
72. What type of harvest will September bring
What kind of friend are you?
73. Life is not measured by the number of breaths…
The most memorable moments in our life are the moments of our achievements.
74. Fate fell short
Some people believe that they have their own destiny.
75. Never a failure always a lesson.
There’s always a lesson learned in every mistake.
76. Betrayer, where is your head. Betrayer, where is your heart.
I hate people who are betrayers.
77. Until forever fades away
I’ll be by your side till forever.
78. Fear is the mind killer
You should face your fear and let it pass over you.
79. Strength Respect Loyalty
A nice tattoo quotes for guys.
80. Hope Love Family Believe Strength Dream
All of these are very important in our lives.
81. Dear lover, give me one last painful kiss
Before you leave, give me one last kiss.
82. Never compromise. Not even in the face of armageddon.
A beautiful tattoo quote for men.
83. Heart means everything
Love is the most wonderful thing in this world.
84. Never forget who you are
We should accept our flaws.
85. Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change…
The serenity prayer.
86. You are what you love and not what loves you back
Do whatever you desire.
87. Wars begin in the minds of men
Let there be peace and love.
88. If you can dream it you can do it
Dreams can come true, just have courage.
89. With pain comes strength
The pain you feel today will be your strength tomorrow.
90. To die would be an awfully big adventure
Death is something that we will never know.
91. Be the one to guide me but never hold me down
Be there to guide me but don’t prevent me from doing what I want.
92. I will fear no evil for you are with me
Don’t be afraid, God is with you.
93. Live each day as if it were your last
We don’t know how long we are going to live so we must do the things that matter to us the most.
94. Faith Hope and Love
Love is the greatest of them all.
95. She was no more no less, than anything but herself
Don’t pretend to be someone that you are not.
96. Dream Believe Dare Do
These are the four guiding pillars of Walt Disney.
97. Just as long as there are stars above us
A fantastic tattoo quote for women.
98. A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages
This tattoo quote is for people who want to break free from their cages.
99. To err is human; to forgive is divine.
As a human being, it is natural to make mistakes but forgiving someone may be too hard.
100. Uncertain, intrepid, possibly immortal decidedly in love
Loving you is not an easy thing to do.
101. I brought down the sky for you but all you did was shrug
Why did you leave when I have already given you everything?
102. Forget your past, forgive yourself, and begin again
It’s time to move on.
103. You don’t know what you’re alive for until you know what you would die for
Let your past make you a better person.
104. Fearfully and wonderfully made
God made each one of us wonderful and fearful.
105. To sleep, perchance to dream…
A deep meaningful tattoo quote.
106. Be the change
Start the change in you.
107. The worst part about being lied to is knowing you weren’t worth the truth
This is a painful reality that you should accept.
108. I listened to the brag of my heart I am I am I am
Always listen to your heart.
109. Miss me little but not too long.
This tattoo quote is for those who are missing someone.
110. One Life One Love
The ultimate tattoo quotes for couples.
Frequently Asked Quote Tattoo Questions
Many people get quote tattoos for their sentimental significance. These tattoos offer an easy and fun way to display thoughts and emotions and express yourself. Here are a few of our readers most asked questions in case you still have inquiries:
How can I pick the right quote for my tattoo?
There are several things you need to take into account when getting a quote tattoo. What do you want it to convey? Tattoo placement is also a good thing to keep in mind. If you want the world to see what your tattoo says, consider placing it in an easy-to-see place, such as your wrist or forearm.
Are quote tattoos unprofessional?
This all depends on the career path you have chosen. Some employers prefer to hire people without tattoos, whether they are quotes or not. On the other hand, there are many companies that don’t have a strict policy against tattoos.
How long does a quote tattoo last?
Tattoos last for life. Over the course of the years, though, the ink is likely to fade. This is a completely normal process and is nothing to be concerned about. You should plan to get touch-ups once every few years or so after getting any type of tattoo.
Getting your favorite Quote Tattooed
We hope that you are inspired by these tattoo quotes and were able to choose one for yourself. Before getting a tattoo, make sure you know the meaning of the quote. It wouldn’t be the first time someone got the meaning wrong or a translation didn’t quite work out the way they thought.
Additionally, it is always recommended (and we advise all our clients), to try a cheap temporary tattoo quote first before you go for the real deal. Below our favorite temporary tattoo store that we can highly recommend as their selection is vast and the quality perfect for testing your new quote tattoo for a week before you get a real one.
Tattoo quotes with designs are very attractive and popular. It is very important to choose the quotes carefully as they hopefully stay on your body forever. Always be yourself and do the things that you want to do! What quote did you choose? Tell us in the comments!
Hey readers! I’m Jeffrey and your tattoo artist of the day;) I have been drawing and painting my whole life, and after graduating high school I decided it was time for a bigger challenge and I started drawing on people. I’m so fortunate I got to express my creativity through my body art and even more so to share my passion with my now wife Emilie. She started working with me in my tattoo shop as a piercer and I started writing about and photographing, my creations on this blog. I love to hear from you and hope you enjoy our work together!
There are thousands of quotes that deserve to be tattooed on your body. So it is really hard to pick out 50 best and inspiring Quote Tattoos For Girls. I would suggest you pick up those tattoo quotes which are closer to you and more meaningful to you. It should describe your ideology or your way of living life.
I would suggest you opt for cute motivational quotes that give you hope and positivity. Here are 50 unique phrases and tattoo sayings for women –
Short Quote For Tattoos
inspiring quotes tattoo ideas
1. One cool idea would be to use a different font style for some unique words while keeping all other tattoo design with the same font. You can have those alphabets selected out that are special to you may be like name initials.
tattoo quotes about life
short inspirational quotes for tattoos
2. Most people like to have large size quote tattoos and if you want one then be sure that it is a great quote to live by. Back or chest is an ideal part of it.
tattoo sayings about life
two word quotes for tattoos
3. Instead of opting for a short quote you can try a long quote or even a poem tattooed on your body. One cool idea is to get inked across your rib cage.
girls with tattoos quotes
short memorial quotes for tattoos
4. You can add decorative tattoo patterns around your quote but be sure that it is large enough to hold all your quote.
quote tattoos for females
What are Good Quotes for Tattoos?
My personal choice is to go for quotes that give you philosophy of life in just one line. You can also opt for small quotes about strength, struggle, family, love and even failure. Around 25% women love to choose feminist quotes for their tattoo design.
quotes about female strength
5. There are many philosophical quotes available online for teenage girls. You can pick from the quotes of Greek philosophers Socrates, Plato or Aristotle for a tattoo design.
worded tattoos for girls
Tattoo Sayings About Life
6. The rib cage is an ideal place got getting simple quote tattoos. Instead of getting tattooed with one long line you should break it down like this.
word tattoos for women
tattoos for lost loved ones quotes
7. One thing most artists go wrong about in tattoo quotes is the gaping between words and line. I would suggest you keep an optimum gap between words and line or otherwise, the whole design will fall apart.
wording tattoos for girls
remembrance quotes for tattoos
8. Apart from the rib cage, the thigh is also a popular choice among girls for getting quote tattoos. If you have thick thighs then you can try a long quote for females too.
word tattoos for girls
female arm tattoos quotes
9. If you have chosen a smart and short quote then place It on unusual places like the side forearm. It will give a unique and impressive look.
quotes tattoos on foot
compass tattoo with quote
10. How about getting tattooed with a quote of another language? Chinese and Japanese quote tattoos are very popular but you must know the meaning of your quote. You can also take a look on these quotes for inspiration.
women in love quote
wrist tattoo ideas for females
popular tattoo for women
life quotes tattoo ideas
inspirational quotes for tattoos
short quote for tattoos
quote tattoo on foot
short strength quotes for tattoos
inspiring quotes for tattoos
cool quotes for tattoos
good sayings for tattoos
short phrases for tattoos
quotes tattoos on feet
fore arm tattoo quotes
make it count tattoo
in a world of my own tattoo
without struggle there is no progress tattoo
love me for who i am tattoo
tattoo ideas for girls – words and phrases
i am because you were tattoo
the world is mine tattoo
love and pain tattoo
life is beautiful tattoo
we ride together we die together tattoo
word tattoos for females
love is pain tattoo design
because of her i will not fall
love quote for tattoos
meaningful quotes for tattoo
quotes tattoos on back
tattoos for teenage girl
quotes tattoos on wrist
short quotes for tattoos
girl tattoo on hand
unique tattoo ideas for women
i am enough tattoo meaning
tattoo design for girl
first tattoo ideas for women
girl tattoo with meaning
small meaningful tattoos for girls
back tattoo for girl
tattoo designs for girls on hand
girl back tattoo ideas
tattoo sayings on arm
cute tattoo ideas for females
Where Should I Get a Quote Tattoo on My Body?
Girls have more ideas & choices for placement as compared to boys. A quote inked on the thigh of men will not look impressive but if women choose the same quote as her thigh tattoo, I bet she will slay it.
Among the popular choices are –
- Shoulder – The exact spot is the back shoulder blade which can easily handle a one line saying.
- Ribs – Another cool choice is to have a tattoo saying running vertical across your rib cage.
- Thigh – You have to opt for short phrases to have a front thigh horizontal tattoo.
- Wrist –Usually one word or two words quotation will suit wrists.
- Forearm – My favorite choice is forearm as you too can admire your tattoo.
inspiring quotes for tattoos
11. While it might sound weird but many girls opt for long poems as their tattoo design. Here is a picture that shows a girl’s back tattooed with a long poem.
12. You can make your quote even more attractive and beautiful by the addition of pretty flower tattoo design just like this.
13. Another cool idea is to select out important words from your quote tattoo. You can either get them inked in unique text font or in large size.
14. Before getting tattooed, check through an online font generator about how your quote tattoo would look like. It must look as beautiful as this tattoo.
15. Instead of adding flowers or any specific design you can add flying butterflies to your quote tattoo. They will signify positivity and you will like them.
Inspirational quotes for tattoos
16. Personally, I think it is better to add different colored flowers or butterfly or birds to the quotations tattoo but you can have a complete tattoo design of the same black and grey ink.
17. You might wish to have a personal quote that is meaningful to you only so have it on a body part that is more visible to you than the word.
18. I don’t understand the logic of having such long quotes but they turn out to be impressive if they are done with the right kind of font.
19. You can have a quote tattoo in the shape of heart or infinity symbol. It would be even cooler if the quote is about feminism.
20. This is how a one-line quote tattoo would look like on rib cage. I hardly recommend this but still, the choice is yours.
Quotes to get tattooed
21. Instead of opting bible verses or quotes of philosopher you can opt for pop culture quotes too. Here is the famous quote of Muhammad Ali inked on the rib cage of this woman.
22. Spanish quote tattoos also turn out to be very beautiful and pretty. If you speak Spanish then you should opt for Spanish quote tattoos.
23. Arabic quotes and phrases are also popular and mostly are in pray of allah. Here is a beautiful Arabic prayer quote tattoo design.
24. If you yourself have many philosophical quotes about love, life and dreams then it is a good idea to get them tattooed on your body.
25. Here is a quote about time but the problem is that the artist inked the flower tattoo too large in size. You should keep relative sizes of quotes and flower in mind.
Good Sayings for tattoos
26. One of the most attractive quote tattoo ideas is to try a quote on the backbone or spine. Chinese, Japanese and Urdu quotes are ideal for this.
27. If you are a conservative person then you should opt for a font that is difficult to read from distance. This way only those who are close to you will be able to read and understand your quote. Have such a quote tattoo on backbone or collar bone.
28. You can have a quote tattoo dedicated to the memory of your loved one. Memorial quote tattoos should be personal and it would be better if you get inked with the quote of the person whom you lost.
29. English is not your ideal language for spine quote tattoos. But still if you wish then you can follow this pattern.
30. It is better to pick up motivational quotes or quotes that give positivity for tattoos because you are going to look at them every now and then. If they don’t give you positive vibes they are not worth it.
Short sayings for tattoos
31. If you are not sure how a quote tattoo would look on you then have a temporary design using watercolour or pastel color or you can even try a simple quote tattoo with black marker.
32. Couples can have matching quote tattoos and it is very common. All you have to do is split a quote into two parts and each part is inked on husband and wife or boyfriend and girlfriend.
33. Your back can afford long quotes and long bible verses tattoos but this does not mean you can have short tattoos there.
34. Usually, quote tattoos are inked on rib cage in such style that they are readable when the person is standing but you can get them inked in such style that one can only read them when you lie down.
35. If your quote has a bird or animal described in it then it would be a smart move to get that bird or animal inked along with the tattoo design just like this.
Tattoo With Meaningful Sayings
36. Quote tattoos are worst choices for cover up but if you want to cover up a small portion then use cursive fonts as they are a nice option for it.
37. Even though spelling mistakes are not so common yet they cannot be ruled out completely. If your quote includes tough words then be sure you chose the right spelling of them.
38. You can add a religious symbol with your quote tattoos for girls design. It will be more meaningful if the quote is related to life or death or about god.
39. Behind the calf, tattoos are not much explored by people but trust me a quote tattoo behind the calf would look catchy. Judge yourself.
40. Siblings can opt for matching quote tattoos and one impressive idea is to try a deep quote tattoo (split in two) on foot or ankle like this.
Short Meaningful quotes for tattoos
41. If you opt for a large quote tattoo in small fonts on thigh then you will grab a lot of attention because people would not be able to read your quote clearly and they will keep on staring. So keep that in mind.
42. This is a perfect placement for quote tattoos for girls on the back. The font size is small but overall it is a perfect tattoo. The girl chose a powerful saying which shows that she is a strong and independent woman.
43. Instead of splitting a quote in two, siblings can have the same quote inked on their body part like this.
44. If you opt for small quote tattoos for girls then it would be better if it occupies less space. Spreading a small quote across forearm or thigh is not a cool idea.
45. So here is one unique idea that will leave people talking. Try a long quote tattoo on the front neck such that your chin hid it completely.
Strength tattoos Quotes Words and Phrases
46. While I personally don’t like it but many people like to have a design between the two line quotes. Such quotations should describe you as strong and positive person with full hope for the future.
47. If you try the neo-tribal approach or the blackwork tattoo art for quote tattoo then it might leave red rashes on your skin like this.
48. You can make your quote tattoo more attractive by adding dots, apostrophe and semi colon to it like this.
49. You can have quote tattoos for girls that are dedicated to your family member. It could be for your brother or sister or mother or father.
50. There are many popular quotes to choose from so make sure you check out on sites like Tumblr, BuzzFeed, Pinterest, and DeviantArt before finalizing your quote tattoo.
it is well tattoo
rest in peace tattoos quotes
with pain comes strength tattoo
love me for who i am tattoo
inhale the future exhale the past tattoo
quotes tattooed on ribs
find what you love and let it kill you tattoo
live love laugh tattoo
without struggle there is no progress tattoo
know your worth tattoo
into the wild tattoo
i am because you are tattoo
love the life you live tattoo
two words in one tattoo
live the life you love tattoo
you are my sunshine tattoo ideas
i am because you were tattoo
live life to the fullest tattoo
rose tattoo with quote
fear no man but god tattoo
because of her i will not fall
the world is mine tattoo
quote tattoo on thigh
life is good tattoo
quote tattoos on thigh
you are my sunshine tattoo designs
it can t rain all the time tattoo
love and pain tattoo
he walks with me tattoo
all the gods all the heavens all the hells are within you tattoo
tomorrow is never promised tattoo
flower tattoo with words
tattoos about overcoming hard times
no rest for the wicked tattoo
pain is love tattoo
quotes tattoos on foot
in a world of my own tattoo
humble and kind tattoo
free spirit tattoo ideas
your battle is my battle tattoo
tattoos in other languages
tattoos for lost loved ones quotes
quote tattoo on foot
45 Tattoo Quote Ideas for Women
“Live every moment, Laugh every day, Love beyond words”
Another spin off of the crazily trendy “Live laugh love” quote, except this time there’s a few added words that make this quote REALLY pop!
“Count every beautiful thing”
This beautiful quote is almost as gorgeous as the roses attached to it. A very majestic and eye-catcjing piece that is nothing short of stunning.
“I suppose it will all make sense when we grow up”
A wonderful quote we probably all remember from our childhood. Oh, how I wish it were true though, don’t you? We love all of the extra goodies with this quote like the tree, little boy, bear, and birds!
“Wish upon a star”
For all my Disney fanatics out there, this is a special quote tattoo just for you. I’m sure we all have heard this whimsical quote before, and who wouldn’t want something as magical as this quote tatted directly on their skin? If this doesn’t brighten up your bad days, I don’t know what will.
Body tattoos for women: “Through Every Dark Night, There is a Brighter Day”
This lovely quote is not only very inspirational, but also comes from one of the most notorious rappers of all time, Tupac.
“She believed she could so she did” /tumblr
Paired with the dandelion and flying birds, this adorable tattoo is as girly as it is uplifting.
“The will to live will always outweight the ability to die”
When you just want a quote tattoo that is truthful and to the point, this is an excellent option. Plus it looks lovely with this particular text and location.
Female tattoo ideas: “You are my sunshine”Whimsical AND adorable all at once, this cutesy tattoo brings back memories of our childhood when everything was simple, easy, and fun.
Unique tattoo ideas for women: “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today” /pinterest
Much like quote number 5, this is another heavily popular quote in the female community that is fun and inspirational. And with the addition of the detailed, magnificent dreamcatcher, this undoubtedly becomes one of the trendiest tattoos of the year. We LOVE it.
Cute tattoo ideas for women: “The pain you feel today, is the strength you feel tomorrow”
This is a GREAT reminder that even when the going gets tough and you feel like you can’t go on any longer, you’ll be stronger for getting through it- so keep going!
Tattoo quotes for girls: “We accept the love we think we deserve” /tumblr
Now THIS is an especially true quote, especially for females. This is a great reminder that we should always expect the best and never settle for less.
“Fight like a girl”
We adore this quote for several reasons- one, because girls ARE tough and can take down anything, two, because as females we should always put up a fight, and three, this quote is used commonly in the fight against breast cancer and there’s nothing better than showing support for woman fighting that fight!
Tattoo designs for girls: “I am not afraid to walk this world alone”
My Chemical Romance couldn’t have come up with a more inspirational quote that we absolutely love. It looks lovely on the wrist and will always be a great reminder that you CAN do it- even when you’re alone.
Quotes tattoos for girls: “Let it be” /pinterest
“Let it Be” doubles as a wonderful, yet simple quote, and a very lovely tune from The Beatles. Such a beautiful quote tattoo, and we love it paired up with 3 flying birds.
“Each day is a gift and not a given right”
A wonderful reminder to never take a day for granted.
“I know I was bord and I know that I’ll die the in between is mine”
This is a gorgeous tattoo that has so much depth. It’s a great reminder that we write our own stories and to not let others make decisions for us or stop us.
“When a loved one becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure”
Such a lovely tattoo, especially if it is in honor of someone you loved deeply who has passed on.
“Fate doesn’t care about plans”
Geez, you won’t hear people say this too often- but wow is it truthful!
“Don’t dream your life, live your dream”
Wow! This is SUCH a wonderful quote and the perfect reminder to quit dreaming about our perfect life and MAKE IT HAPPEN!
“This too shall pass”
An extremely popular and heartwarming tattoo that reminds us that no matter what we’re going through, no matter how bad it is, it WILL pass.
Tattoo ideas for women: “EHFAR”
Um, what? EHFAR. It actually stands for “Everything happens for a reason”. And yes, that’s an awesome quote that we all have said at least five times in our lifetime already. Such an awesome quote tattoo idea!
Tattoo ideas for women on shoulder: “I am enough the way I am”
Because sometimes we think we aren’t good enough. That couldn’t be any further from the truth, so it’s only natural we adore this praising, uplifting tattoo that will boost your confidence every time you read it.
Tattoos on the breast: “If you don’t live for something you’ll die for nothing”
Another very popular quote that you see all over the place from billboards to songs like Hatebreed’s ‘Live for This’. A great quote that should always remind you to stick up for what you believe in!
Tattoo ideas for girls with meaning: “Don’t forget to love yourself”
I don’t know about you, but I have a terrible habit of forgetting to simply love myself. Seems like it should be an instinct, right? At times like those, I wish I’d have this beautiful quote tatted on me.
Feminine tattoos: “There is a light that never goes out”
A cool songs from The Smiths and a just a rockin’ quote in general. We love it!
Tattoos on the wrist: “One day at a time”
Ever felt like the world was sitting on your shoulders? Ever just felt overwhelmed? This is a great quote to remind us to just relax and take it one day at a time!
Cute small tattoo for girls: “Live free”
It’s amazing how these 2 little words could be so amazing and delightful. We love the cursive writing and the birds really seal the deal of this tattoo being airy and free as a bird.
Tattoo quotes for women: “God shook his head the day he built her, oh but I bet he smiled”
To put it plainly, this is the ultimate girly tattoo- because every sweet, innocent girl has a naughty side she tries to hide. Oh, and not to mention these are some pretty amazing lyrics from the popular Lee Brice.
Best tattoo quotes: “Even if saving you Sends me to heaven”
These lovely lyrics from The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus are the perfect combination of deep and romantic, with a little splash of girly attitude to tie it together beautifully. Oh, and the cursive writing is the PERFECT touch!
Quotes Tattoo designs: “He walks with me”
For my religious gals out there, this is a wonderful quote that will always remind you that He is right by your side. And c’mon, I think we can all agree the location is PERFECT and super clever for the quote!
Sweet tattoos for girls: “Sometimes you need to let things go”
So true. And the balloon at the end of the “string” of text is just simply brilliance! What an adorable, yet incredibly true, tattoo.
Tattoos on the back for women: “Well behaved women rarely make history”
A Marilyn Monroe quote is always a good idea- and it’s always sexy. Definitely a tattoo quote to consider.
Creative tattoo ideas for women: “Fall seven times stand up eight”
Because sometimes when we keep getting pushed down, we don’t have the strength to get back up. This is a very inspirational quote to remind you to just keep going no matter what!
Back tattoos for women: “It takes courage to grow up and become who you truly are”
A great quote to remind us all that we should ALWAYS be ourselves- even if we are different from the crowd. Be proud of who you are and have the courage to be YOU!
Tattoo quotes ideas: “Live love laugh”
A shortened version of the popular quote listed at number 5, this adorable ‘live laugh love’ quote is made with the L into a heart shape, which totally adds to the cute factor. 10 out of 10!
Tattoo ideas for women: Bible Verse
Whether you choose this particular (and very beautiful) Bible verse or choose another one of your favorites, this type of quote tattoo is always a hit for my religious females out there. Not to mention the cursive writing and pinch of red roses makes this an extremely gorgeous sight.
Inspirational quotes: “With every heartbeat”
A beautiful song by Robyn and a lovely quote that looks dazzling against the collarbone.
Tattoo ideas: “One life One chance”
What’s not to love about this quote tattoo? It’s a rather blunt, IN YOUR FACE tattoo, but it’s definitely a truthful one: you only have one life and ONE chance to make all your dreams come true- so you better take this chance and run with it. You won’t have another chance to change things or make things right!
Short tattoo quotes: “Be the change”
This quote needs no explanation. AMEN.
Cute quotes tattoos for women: “Always a lesson, never a failure”
Aside from the absolutely adorable key with pink bow, this whimsical tattoo also has TONS of meaning: that we shouldn’t take anything as a failure, but always learn from it.
Cute small tattoo for girls: “Inhale the future, exhale the past”
I love this quote. It’s simply magical, and something we should keep in mind: leave the past behind and always look towards the future. And those birds- SO cute. A great addition!
Tattoo quotes ideas: “Take these broken wings and learn to fly”
Because even when we are broken and down in the dumps, we need to pull ourselves back out and conquer everything in our paths. Plus this is a really trendy quote from some awesome songs like Blackbird.
“Never stop dreaming”
As we get older, we tend to put our dreams behind us, regarding them as ‘silly’ or ‘pointless’. But with this quote, we can remember to NEVER stop dreaming and never give up on them either- no matter how old we get.
Tattoo quotes about life: “I refuse to sink”
Okay, let’s just be honest: this is an INCREDIBLY trendy tattoo, first and foremost for the foot placement, secondly for the ever-popular anchor detail, and of course, the inspirational quote “I refuse to sink”. A 10 out of 10 tat!
Cute small tattoo for girls: “Never forget who you are”
Yes, this is an adorable quote from The Lion King. But it’s also something we should always remember! If this quote doesn’t it do it for you but you’re still a fan of Disney (and may even have a Disney quote in mind) you could easily switch it up with another beautiful quote from your favorite Disney move.
“Where life begins and love never ends Family”
Instead of a traditional Family tattoo, try a wonderful quote like this, which is both beautiful AND true.
“Love never fails”
This is just plain adorable!
Tattoo quotes for women: “Never a victim, forever a fighter”Such an inspiring tattoo that is great for gals who are really struggling or have went through something very traumatic.
“Nothing is promised”
Sometimes you just need to be honest with yourself- and this tattoo is certainly honest. This is a great reminder that really, nothing in this life is promised to us and we should cherish everything we have. The lips add some serious sass that we adore!
Cute tattoos for girls: “Live the life you love, Love the life you live”
This is probably one of the most popular quotes of 2014, and with the text designed with the super-trendy infinity design, this particular quoted tat gets two thumbs up on the style charts.
Sometimes you just need some inspiration, so why not make something that means so much to you a permanent fixture on your body? These female quote tattoos will become a part of you and something you can always look at for inspiration when you are feeling like you are lost, upset, depressed or you don't know what to do next.
Inspirational quote tattoos give you a boost because it is an inspiration that you connect with on a deep level. For you to have something permanently put on your skin, the message really has to resonate with you.
It must be something that shows how you have fought in life and have kept going, that you should embrace yourself and you can do anything you set your mind to. Some symbols such as the arrow tattoos and semi-colon tattoos show that you are strong and you are not letting anything end your story.
RELATED: 50 Best Tattoo Ideas For Women Looking For Good Tats
The one symbolic quote tattoo that resonates with me is the semi-colon "My story isn't over yet." I love the double meaning behind it. On the surface a semi-colon in literature represents that an author decided to not end the sentence, the author decided to keep going. Then, for a deeper meaning, in life, a semi-colon means that someone decided to keep on living and not end it. This could mean a whole lot of different things, such as when you are an introvert and maybe even depressed, you just want to stay in bed and not do life for a while, but a semi-colon tattoo shows that you get up and live your life without giving up. A semi-colon can mean so many different things relating to mental health, but the inspirational tattoo is a permanent reminder that you are the one in control of your story and that you have not given up and will never give up.
Female tattoos about strength are a great reminder that you are in control of your life.
Don't let others influence you and drag you down. All you have to do is look at your tattoo and remember that you are a warrior and are so strong. God will help you get through tough times by giving you the strength you need to face what's coming.
RELATED: 50 Best Tattoo Quotes & Short Inspirational Sayings For Your Next Ink
Remember, when you are choosing which inspirational tattoo you want, pick the one that resonates with you the best. You will feel like the quote or saying expresses you in the deepest of senses because you will have this tattoo for the rest of your life. You will carry the best inspiration for you on your body forever.
1. When Giving up is never an option.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Giving up is not an option."
2. Sometimes you have to try and try again before you succeed.
Tattoo-Models: The Best Tattoo Ideas Quotes and Designs
"Sometimes you've gotta fall before you fly."
3. Every moment in your life defines who you are.
"The Struggle is part of the story."
4. Live like you want to.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream."
5. The risk is worth it if it's truly what you want.
"Forget the risk and take the fall. If it's what you want it's worth it all."
RELATED: 25 Beautiful Quotes To Consider For Your Next Tattoo
6. God will always be there to give you the strength to do anything.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
6. When you are at your lowest, you will be enlightened.
"We are all broken, that's how the light gets in."
7. You are a warrior.
8. Your spirit is strong.
9. You can see the world from great hights.
"I climbed the tree to see the world."
10. You are the author of your own story.
"My story isn't over."
11. You can overcome anything.
"Your tears will dry. You'll soon be free to fly."
12. Keep breathing.
"Breathe in, breathe out, move on."
13. Live every moment like it's your last.
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
14. Refuse to give up.
Tattoo-Models: The Best Tattoo Ideas Quotes and Designs
"I refuse to sink."
15. Tough times will end.
"This too shall pass."
RELATED: 50 Stunning & Inspiring Quote Tattoos To Motivate You Every Time You Look In The Mirror
16. Keep Breathing.
"Keep breathing my angel."
17. What makes you different, makes you who you are.
Tattoo-Models: The Best Tattoo Ideas Quotes and Designs
"Embrace what makes you different."
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Join now for YourTango's trending articles, top expert advice and personal horoscopes delivered straight to your inbox each morning.
18. Words are an inspiration.
"Strength, Dream, Hope, Love, Family, Believe."
19. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
"That which does not kill me makes me stronger."
20. You will always keep getting up.
Tattoo-Models: The Best Tattoo Ideas Quotes and Designs
"Still I rise."
21. The more arrows you have, the stronger you are.
"A bundle of five arrows typically designates strength, as a single arrow can be easily broken, but a bundle of arrows is tougher to break." An arrow can also represent courage.
A tattoo of 5 arrows means you are much stronger and that you cannot easily be broken.
22. This Viking symbol tattoo means that you are in control of your own reality.
This is a Viking symbol that subtly means "Create your own reality."
23. If you want to do something, you will do anything in your power to achieve it.
"Where there's a will, there's a way."
24. No matter what happens, you will still move forward.
"You have to face setbacks to be able to go forward."
25. Recognize the strength that you have within you.
"The zen circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe and the strength we all have inside us."
RELATED: 26 Life Quotes To Inspire Your Next Tattoo
If you’re looking for a little inspiration, we’ve got the best quotes to share and savor. For quotes from the most inspiring celebs, activists, and poets, look no further! You might even find the quote that motivates the best parts of your life (and love!) forever.
Emily Francos is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.
About quotes small strength tattoo
Tattoo Ideas: Quotes on Strength, Adversity, and Courage
I have thirteen tattoos as well as several piercings, and I think they're all pretty cool.
They say what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and stranger. If that's true, then wouldn't you want a permanent reminder of the fact that you survived?
The important thing to remember about quote tattoos is that they can't be too long. Unless you have a huge expanse of skin that you plan on dedicating to the tat (like a forearm, or your entire back), you're going to need to pick a quote that says a whole lot in as few words as possible. It has to be meaningful to you, yet short enough to fit in a small area.
A few years ago my ex wanted to get something I had written tattooed on her in my handwriting. The quote she wanted was 21 words long, and she wanted it somewhere on her inner forearms. As she was already fairly heavily tattooed, there was no criteria such as having to get it on a place that could be easily hidden if need be.
She ended up getting it running lengthwise down her arm next to the word GIRL that was already there. She was lucky. Most people don't have the same flexibility. Maybe your job is too professional for tattoos and piercings, or you don't want your mother to see it. If that's the case, then a quote tattoo can be challenging to find space for.
Another mistake is thinking that you can fit an entire poem (unless it's a haiku) on your wrist simply by shrinking the letters down to a size 5 font. Good tattoo artists will only let you make the lettering so small, because they know that tattoos blend, fade, and bleed over time. The smaller the font, the better the chance that you'll be left with a meaningless blob 10 years down the road.
I personally did NOT take my tattoo artist's advice when I got my Polish quote on my upper arm and now, 10 years later, what once said "Cokolwiek jest ponad pozadanie ja tomam" now says "cokdlksdfzdjaoma."
I recently went back through the 2,000+ comments I have on my other tattoo articles and tried to identify the most common themes people requested when asking for help with quote ideas. In addition to being a voracious reader, I've been compiling quotes in notebooks and journals since I was 13, so I have tons of inspiration to draw from.
However, if you have any ideas or would like to share a favorite quote of yours, please feel free to comment! The examples I've chosen for this particular article may not resonate with everyone. You might read it and get nothing out of it. But my hope is that something will resonate with someone, somewhere, and the words written here will inspire you to take a step you may not have taken otherwise.
Quotes About Struggle, Strength, Adversity, and Courage
- "Once you awaken, you will have no interest in judging those who sleep." — James Blanchard
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
- May I be forever grateful that at times, I did not receive that which I truly deserved.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom.
- I may be lying in the gutter, but I'm staring at the stars.
- "He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." — Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave." — Rainer Maria Rilke
- Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.
- Let your joy scream across the pain.
- Thorns and stings And those such things Just make stronger Our angel wings.
- God gave burdens, also shoulders.
- "If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. To me, every hour of the light and dark is a miracle." — Walt Whitman
- "Mine the darkness: see by the path you leave behind." — Andy Young
- "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." — Anais Nin
- "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." — Anais Nin
- "I gave my life to become the person I am right now. Was it worth it?" — Richard Bach
- "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly." — Richard Bach
- "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." — Nietzsche
- Leap and the net will appear.
- Kites rise highest against the wind.
- "Dig as a root digs until you find the motive to grow." — Casey Haymes
- "Come to the edge," he said. They said, "We are afraid." "Come to the edge," he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew. — Apollinaire
© 2008 becauseilive
Linda on February 16, 2019:
"Written in the stars"
Lyn on January 19, 2018:
A quote I love and really want to get tattooed on me is "with brave wings she flies". I've never had a tattoo befor so I'm still debating on doing it or not.
Simi on June 29, 2017:
I am stronger than my trials
-- Dan Wells (Partials series)
Lovelyladybumps on September 27, 2013:
My son was in a car accident in March of this year and was dead when they found him. As they cut him out, he started showing signs of life. He is now recovering from a massive traumatic brain injury defying the diagnosis and rationale of every doc who has seen him. They think he will now recover enough to go back to active duty in the military, which is a stark contrast to what they told us right after the injury - that we should prepare to bury him.
His very first tattoo he got when out on his own turned out to be prophetic as well as inspirational for him and me: "The race is not given to the swift nor the strong, but those that will endure." He had this tattooed across his chest and as I watched him in his coma, I would stare at this and pray. Because I needed something to focus on when I couldn't be at his bedside, I had "There is always hope" tattooed on my right forearm (I am right handed) so that I could constantly look at that and back myself away from the emotional edge.
To mark his recovery, as soon as he comes home I am going to get a skull with a bunch of butterflies and birds flying away from it to denote his rebirth and how he cheated death. I think I am going to get the skull on my shoulder blade and then have the butterflies and birds go across to and over the opposite shoulder.
Si on September 26, 2013:
" Death is freedom "
Tedi on August 31, 2013:
A lot of dreams... One purpose!
ellie on August 04, 2013:
for Lydia: Hey, i have been thinking about a tattoo for myself because of my self harming, i thought of
-"all things must pass, this too must pass"
"there are no regrets in life, only lessons"
"faith" on my wrist (cliche i know)
" happiness can be found in even the darkest of places, if one only remembers to turn on the light"- around my wrist like a bracelet- that quote's from Harry Potter, Spoken by Albus Dumbledore (I Know, im a geek)... hope this gives you some inspiration :)
Jemima on July 10, 2013:
We are looking for case studies willing to trial a revolutionary NEW tattoo removal laser treatment from one of the world's leading aesthetic laser manufacturers.
Do you have a tattoo of an ex that's been haunting you since a breakup? Or perhaps you had one done on a whim, on holiday, and the minute you stepped off the plane you regretted it? Whatever the reason, we can help you get rid of that tatt!
Please get in touch if this sounds like you. Ideally looking for a female, aged between 19-55, must be willing to share before and after images, head shot and be interviewed by a journalist.
Alex on July 04, 2013:
Seamos realistas, pidamos lo imposible
Harley on June 23, 2013:
Love me the most when I deserve it least. for it is when I need it most
thomas on June 22, 2013:
My dad left me when I was 3months old and I have not seen or heard from him since and now I am 25. I have no intention of looking for him but my childhood has been rocked from time to time with my new step dad. If anyone can help with a saying regarding childhood and growing up that would be amazing??
Leah on February 21, 2013:
I just had a baby boy and need ideas on how would i get his name tatted on me I also have a daughter I have her named tatted between death before dishonor but there is no room for his name I need something just like that quote can anybody help me
Bett G8S on February 19, 2013:
Those who are always getting burned and hammered upon in life, are the strongest ...for the mightiest strength can only come from being forged
Sortimo on January 19, 2013:
Give every Day the Chance to be the Best of your Life-
life is the moment now
We are all wanderers on this earth. Our hearts full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams
let's runaway and dont' ever look back
Peace begins with a Smile
yaritza on January 16, 2013:
Brad on January 09, 2013:
Strength; Its what comes from the madness we survive.
Hannah on January 08, 2013:
I was hit by a car and broke my femur over the summer. I want a tattoo that relates to that. it was a dodge Durango so I thought maybe something to do with that but now I just want a quote on the side of my hip regarding it. Any ideas?
Erick on December 28, 2012:
a small quote that fits across my chest
Erick on December 28, 2012:
I am an amateur boxer going fight in march i love to fight when sparring partner give me a war i love it makes me feel like i overcame a very difficult obstacle i want a quote that can relate to boxing cause i want to get it tatted on me next week for my fight any ideas?
rooomms on December 18, 2012:
"Your past is not your enemy" i think it's a very inspirational quote. And to justin; i hope you change "then" to "than" otherwise it would be kinda weird.
Connie on December 05, 2012:
ashley on December 02, 2012:
"give me strength when I'm standing and faith when I fall"
Ciera on December 01, 2012:
i want to get a tattoo on the side of my foot where the arch of it is but i can't decide which saying i want : Stay strong, make them wonder how you're still smiling . or . no one heals without a struggle. i can't choose !!
taylor on November 30, 2012:
my favourite quotes are:
"live life for the moment because everything else is uncertain"
"live life, have fun and be a but mischevious"
and my favourite song lyric is:
"spread your wings" from wings by little mix
cindy on November 24, 2012:
Hello am cindy
Your love spell has huge powers! I cant believe what's happening to me! It's been only 3 weeks since you did that spell and Victor is already after me. Since the last week-end he phoned at least 5 times. I believe he seems to realize his mistakes. It's absolutely happening as you said!! Thank you! Your work is helping me so much… Without you I would feel so lonely and miserable... Thank you! [email protected]
Lydia on November 23, 2012:
I've been looking for a quote for a tattoo for a while now, I'm 16 in a few months and planning on getting it for my birthday. I've had a real hard life so far and the last few year have been hard, which has caused me to self harm and I now have scars on my wrist, I was thinking of getting "You will never be alone."rapped around my wrist to show that even though I feel alone right now, that I'm not..
Amber on November 01, 2012:
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be"
gev on October 31, 2012:
myeeeeeeeeeer myaaaaaa myeer myeer
Lorna on October 25, 2012:
I'm looking for a quote just about my mere existence really and the wonder and magnitude of everything that surrounds me so I thought about the obvious
'Cogito Ergo Sum' - I think therefore I am
but I'm not sure if that's meaningful enough for me.
I'm just looking for idea really. I think I'd like it in small script on the left side of my ribcage so it can't be too big
shorty on October 24, 2012:
I have " One life One chance on 1 arm & " Love & Mayhem " on the other
Rae on October 11, 2012:
The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.
~Sarah Ban Breathnach, Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy, 1996
bellasmama733 on October 10, 2012:
I have been through so much in this past year. I got pregnant in August of 2011 by my boyfriend of almost 3 years and about 1 month or 2 after he went out cheated on me and then came home and beat me. Squeezing my throat so tight making me black out (yes while I was 2 months pregnant). He had hit me before but never severely...I still have a lot to fight for but my daughter who was born May 2012 TRULY SAVED MY LIFE! I never woulda left if it wasn't for her! I want to get a tattoo of her footprints and I want to add a pretty girly something that symbolizes life saver and quote! She will know that I am forever grateful! Any suggestions PLEASE I'm stuck and I'm going to get my tattoo within the month.
stacey on October 09, 2012:
hi there, had a few hard years recently been in tweo voilent relationships where i came out it stronger but was depressed for a long time. i am now a outgoing, bubly person and full of life love going out and livinf life to the full. I suffered enough for 7 years now i want to show them i won.. can anyone help me out with a quote to show i came out it smiling and i won against them but also to show who i am now thanks guys..!!!!!
Carlzburg1985 on October 09, 2012:
Hi I just moved 3 states away from where I grew up n where all my family n friends are because it was unsafe for me to be there anymore due to my ex.
I had to leave as he was verbally abusive, would grab n push me etc.
I wanted to get a short saying or quote under my boob or rib representing being strong n moving on, starting a new life, believing in myself, that I can make it, love life, being free any suggestions
Lauren on September 30, 2012:
hey, I'm 17 years old turning 18 in april anyway i wanted to get my seccond tattoo ( my first being a twisted staff of music notes going up my side as i love playing th guitar) to be a quote i have no idea what id like it to be. My stepfather who has always been like my real father wants to get a matching one and id like it to be a saying for the both of us to show how much we love eachother like family any suggestions email me [email protected]
callum18forearm on September 30, 2012:
my 18th birthday is coming up and i want my fist tattoo, i want a quote down my right forearm but have no idea what to get. Anybody have any ideas plz comment with my name in it so i know if you are replying to me or not :) thanks alot
Daniel on September 07, 2012:
Im thinking of geting a tatto.. like the one in picture 11.. I would probably get a diferent text with that design. Does anyone know any good tatto places to get it done? in the new york and new jersey area ?
Cristina on September 01, 2012:
I'm 19 and i'm getting this quote as my first tat on my side:
"I will not be broken, I do not need saving. I am strong"
It's just something i made up because of everything i've been through and yet i'm still here fighting...
carlos on August 31, 2012:
"WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE"
asdasd on August 29, 2012:
daffy on August 27, 2012:
Im Proper Gaay !!!!
Ashers on August 23, 2012:
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
burt on August 18, 2012:
Rob - do not have this tattoo - it will only ever remind you of the lowest point of your life ! it will take you there in years to come.
you will make sense of this period , come to terms and eventually be happy - when you are get a tattoo
good luck mate
Rob on August 12, 2012:
Hi, my wife recently left me out of no where after 4 years, and only 2 weeks after, she was already hooking up with another man. This has devastated me, she was my life. I like to write my feelings down when I'm sad or whatever, this is what came out.
"The words of a woman you once loved, now fall hollow to the floor of pain. The belief that she instilled in you years ago, now left to rot in your chest, where your heart once happily rested. The pain, the treachery, her selfishness, is all that remains, and will forever remind me...Trust no b****"
Its pretty long, but its going on my back. I do not mean to offend anybody, if you've ever been wronged by the person you loved, you'll understand. This can also be tweaked for a woman in the same position. Any thoughts or suggestions please email [email protected]
Jonathan on July 28, 2012:
Hi, I have been wanting to get a quote tattooed on my arm for about 2 years now. It was a quote I heard in a film but I cant remember the film and I was wondering if you could help me. The quote goes something along the lines of
"The defining moments of your life are always the hardest" or something like that which relates to me loosing my father when I was 13. If you could help me it would be great my email is [email protected]
Annette on July 24, 2012:
"Even the best fall down sometimes."
"No man alive knows the struggles i've survived"
"If it's worth the risk, take the fall. And if it's what you want, it's worth it all."
Adam on July 20, 2012:
I'm looking for a quote it can be short or long but something to show my strength of losing my grandpa, my family falling apart, and me losing my family
You can email me ideas at [email protected]
dassa on July 20, 2012:
melanie on July 20, 2012:
hi im new here... any help pls... thinking of another tattoo...a quote one... ive been hurt so much in my past that im still cannot trust and afraid.. i cant find happiness in my life ... any help pls :((
Matthew on July 18, 2012:
The one I want is "Never regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted"
Bree. on July 17, 2012:
Im a 17 year old who had an abortion at 16.
I would like a tattoo in memory of what could have been.
Something too say it will never be forgotten, but to show the strength i had to go through with it.
shaneD on July 14, 2012:
Hi I am 21 year old guy who loves sport and am quiet talented, but suffer a lot from a knee injury. I just had an operation and am having rehab, I want a tattoo to symbolise injury won't stop me or something that says to never give up? really need something inspiring to get me through the long road ahead of me to recovery!!I would deeply appreciate any suggestions my email is [email protected]
lexi on July 12, 2012:
I've had depression and have been through very challenging times. I want a small tattoo on my wrist. A quote about strength and courage. something unique. email me! [email protected]
Azza on July 12, 2012:
Hey guys, I just got my ribs done with two hands holding a rosary bead and i want to get a quote running along side of the hand from the left hand to the right.
I Want a quote that relates to
family (in general)
some like that your family will love you no matter what and there will be hard times and some good times.
[email protected] is my email
would really appreciate some suggestions
Olee on July 10, 2012:
Life handled me with bad cards
I play with what i've got
dan on July 08, 2012:
Do you think we are all looking for a philosophy or phrase to follow that will make our unforfilling lives better?
do we really need to then write this on our skin?
just a thought
Darkoviath on July 07, 2012:
never look on the bad things in life cause everything that has happend has made you what you are today
Don't learn to hate Yourself you learn to love Yourself
just some i know i'm getting the second on on my chest
BMC on June 30, 2012:
War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left.
LTFC on June 30, 2012:
A HERO DIES JUST THE ONCE,A COWARD A THOUSAMD TIMES
Nicole on June 27, 2012:
my grandmother whom i have been living with for the past 6 months is now dying of cancer. The doctors say there is nothing more they can do, i want to get a tattoo to remind me to be strong and courageous. i want something sentimental that i think she'd love, Any ideas? email them to [email protected]
Ace on June 22, 2012:
just heard a great quote - "we were never loosing, just learning to win"
dan on June 22, 2012:
Deja - very sorry to hear of your loss
Cheryl on June 21, 2012:
I have a tattoo on the side of my indexfinger it says ''love'' in spanish and a sentence on my collarbone: Enjoy the ride...
deja on June 20, 2012:
lots of stories I read inspired me. Im 19 never had a tattoo never even thought about it until my mother unexpectedly died of a blood clot that cause a massive stroke a little over a month ago. She was always so full of life and tried to get me to be the same way. Im trying to loosen up and live life like she tried to teach me while here on earth. I was thinking of getting a tattoo that says....
My deepest sorrow is my most precious savior
Let me know what yall think please
breed on June 17, 2012:
tazz - dont worry be happy
tazz on June 16, 2012:
i had a difficult childhood and didn't really connect with my parents.... i kind of hate my life...
PLEASE ! suggest a quote or something ..
themiddling on June 13, 2012:
The gutter/stars one is commonly misquoted. The original quote is by Oscar Wilde:
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Lord Darlington, Act III
buv on June 10, 2012:
how about, - 'my head needs to shrink'
Sean penney on June 03, 2012:
Live to love love to live
irish harry on June 02, 2012:
im a 23 year old irish man,i left home when i was 17..and has work lived and traveled in the uk,australia and new zealand at present.iv fought when my heart told me too,im brave,fearless but a loving and warm character at the same time,iv been through hell twice and back again and its amazing how the mind works,iv done it all alone,but yet im a peoples person!iv learnt the lessons of life and at the minute im learning all about who i am..can someone give me a quote that stands out that marks how big my heart is and how strong the mind is??:)
larsen on May 31, 2012:
The strength that I find when I dig deep inside
Got me still in this fight, and I’ll be the last man standing!
I move when my heart say move, Fierce like a lion ,Got nothing to prove
We acquire the strength we have overcome.
How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?
no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
If you're going through hell, keep going
scott86 on May 30, 2012:
'All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.'
Its from Blade Runner, but i want it translated into Latin so it would read:
'in omnibus momentis peribit sicut pluvia in lacrimis'
[email protected] on May 30, 2012:
Death is easy but life is hard it will leave you physically,mentally,and emotionally scarred
[email protected] on May 30, 2012:
Death is easy but life is hard it will leave you physically,mentally,and emotionally scarred
Lily on May 29, 2012:
Here is a Latin Saying
Veni, Vidi, Vici.
It means I came, I saw, I conquered.
It's one of my favorite sayings.
fay on May 29, 2012:
Hi guys, i am thinking of having a tatto with my familys names... do you have any ideas for quotes abous family or maybe life... but from someone famous.. eg: Oscar wild or something!! thanks aaa lot!! please e-mail.. [email protected]
Samantha on May 28, 2012:
Hi, i need someone to design a tattoo for me as my tattooist let me down. i know exactly what i want and have pictures. Please let me know, [email protected]
justin on May 26, 2012:
"The Strongest Stand Alone" or "I'd Rather Die On My Feet Then Live On My Knees" what do you think
Mary on May 25, 2012:
I need ideas or quotes that explain a hurtful and painful past, yet you overcame it and you're stronger. It needs to me meaningful. Not some quote that everyone knows. It needs to be deep. but not too long. thanks! email me @ [email protected]
jamie on May 22, 2012:
hi guys my son was born with cerebal palsy and i was looking for something to get on my arm for him? please emailme if u have any ideas [email protected]
Rodriguez on May 21, 2012:
Hi, I'm almost 16 and I'm thinking about 2 tattoos that I want.
The first one is something with my uncle; he was the greatest influence in my life and he died of lung cancer..
My second one would be something about my family and how we've stuck together no matter what. They mean everything to me and I want them to know that..
If you know any quotes, message me @
Laurie on May 21, 2012:
true, i really dont want something that gives me strength and courage, not only because of whats happened recently but because i naturally am a very insecure person who dosent believe in myself, i'd like something that says things that is positive and i can look at and smile, not necessarily to help me get over my heartache, more to realise im strong and can do whatever i want to do x
zed on May 21, 2012:
it means dont have a permanent reminder of a bad time in your life. every time you look at that tattoo for the next 30 years you be taken back to the dark place your in now. you will get over the heartbreak - get a tattoo that when your happy x
J on May 21, 2012:
I came up with...
"Intuition Guides My Soul"
Laurie on May 21, 2012:
I also like the saying 'after every storm there is a rainbow' but dont think its a latin quote, but wanted something alnog those lines
Laurie on May 20, 2012:
thanks for that Zed, what does it mean?
zed on May 20, 2012:
Harpes lycrierium obendintis
says it all
Honest on May 19, 2012:
"Never Count The Days, Make The Days Count" basically make the most of everything that comes your way, i need a good quote, help please
Laurie on May 18, 2012:
Im really hoping someone can help me, im looking for an inspirational quote or saying preferably in latin that I can have across my forearm (so not too long)ive just split from a long term relationship(the father of my 2 children) and found out hes moved on to someone else, needless to say im heartbroken. i want a short quote that basically means to be strong, have courage and see theres light at the end of the tunnel, something i can look at which gives me hope and the strength to carry on, any help will be really appreciated! x
dan on May 17, 2012:
Here I am, the rabbit hearted boy frozen in the lights.
I must become the Lion hearted man ready for the fight.
dsa on May 17, 2012:
@Manveet - what do?
Manveet on May 16, 2012:
they look a bit horrible
hi hun me again on May 15, 2012:
i wont abandon hope
hope wont abandon me
for ollie on May 15, 2012:
hi hun its andy........... live for 2day hope for 2morrow
Michaela on May 13, 2012:
jill how about everyone is perfect in there own way ?
Ollie on May 11, 2012:
Hey everyone, im quite young at the moment but im looking for my first tattoo, my mum was diagnosed with cancer a couple of months ago and im looking for a tat to represent what she is/ will have gone through. i was thinking something like 'Keep On Fighting' but im not sure if it will look right. i want it on my forearm/wrist area and it will be quite small. any ideas???
theville740 on May 09, 2012:
everything I'm not made me everything I am
isla on May 09, 2012:
What do you think this quote:
"Make the best of everytime life"
becauseilive (author) from N.J. on May 07, 2012:
@Roxanne - I sincerely congratulate you on reaching your one year anniversary of being sober! It certainly isn't an easy to do, and not everyone can achieve that milestone. I have seven years clean from my drug of choice (heroin) and I relish every moment that I am alive. If you're like me, you probably have a million books, poems, and songs that symbolize your struggle. I think it'd be cool to pick a line or lyric from one of them.
You could also check out my other hub, which speaks to the topic of sobriety in particular: https://discover.hubpages.com/style/Tattoo-Ideas-Q...
There are some good quote ideas on that one as well. Congratulations again and good luck.
dimplesponge on May 07, 2012:
mea karma cucurrit mea dogma
To stop. She delays pleasure, teasing herself: she returns upstairs, strokes her breasts and tummy, goes down again. Finally, she cannot stand it, touching her clitoris and running her fingers between her lips. It is wet and hot, and Alice shivers with anticipation. She stares at herself in the mirror: her pupils are dilated.
You will also be interested:
Mom said doubtfully. Well, okay, if so. - said my mother doubtfully. Aha. But Ive gotten into the habit of hanging out there every day, and I dont understand what to do here.