Zoom Quick Start
Here are some quick videos to help get you started with some of the basic features in Zoom. These videos will go over some of the functionalities that will assist you in transitioning smoothly from face-to-face to online instruction.
Keep Zoom Secure - Be aware that both the host and participants’ videos default to “On” when scheduling a meeting. Additionally, to avoid privacy concerns, please make your participants aware if recording. Finally, instructors must sign-in once through the UF Zoom website in order to create their account before using Zoom through Canvas.
Keep Students Engaged – This resource provides are a variety of techniques that can be used in synchronous class meetings to keep students engaged.
Getting Started with Zoom [Video 00:22:14 mm:ss]
How do I use the Zoom desktop app?
Joining, Hosting, or Starting a meeting using Zoom for the first time will automatically prompt you to download the Zoom app. Once the app has downloaded, sign in by clicking on “Sign in with SSO” and using your UFID and password. See the video or read through Zoom’s “Getting Started” page below to learn more about using the app.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST ZOOM DESKTOP CLIENT FOR YOUR COMPUTER. Always keep your Zoom desktop client up to date. Learn how you can download the latest version of Zoom desktop client or check for updates.
Zoom Desktop App [Video 00:03:03 mm:ss]
Getting Started with Zoom on Windows and Mac
Holding virtual office hours
Holding virtual office hours with Zoom is easy! See the video below for a step-by-step guide to using your personal meeting room for your office hours.
Please note that all Personal Meeting ID sessions will (at some point) be required to use passwords.
Virtual Office Guide [Video 00:00:31 mm:ss]
Scheduling a meeting
To hold synchronous class meetings with your students, you will need to schedule a Zoom meeting. You can schedule a meeting both through ufl.zoom.us and through your Canvas course in e-Learning. The video below explains this process in detail.
Schedule Meetings in Zoom [Video :00:01:01: mm:ss]
Using the breakout rooms
If you have a larger class or would like to split your class up into discussion groups or partners, you can do so using Zoom’s Breakout Room feature. See the video below for an introduction on how to create breakout rooms.
Zoom Breakout Rooms [Video 00:02:48 mm:ss]
Zoom is an easy to use video conferencing service available to all UF students, faculty, and staff that allows for meetings of up to 300 participants. Zoom is also available in Canvas for instructors to use in their courses.
I'm a new user, what should I do to get started using my Zoom Pro account?
- Go to https://ufl.zoom.us/
- Click on "Sign In" to view your Zoom profile or;
- Click on "Host a Meeting" or "Join a Meeting" to start using Zoom.
- For first-time users, the web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first Zoom meeting, and is also available for manual download by visiting https://ufl.zoom.us/download
Which sign-in page should I use?
- UFL Main Login for all UF Students, Faculty and Staff
- UFH Shands Login for all Shands employees in Gainesville
- If you have Shands and Gatorlink credentials, always use your Shands login
- UFH Jacksonville Login for all Shands employees in Jacksonville
Where is the Zoom UFL-PHI Sign-in option?
- The Zoom UFL-PHI Zoom instance has been consolidated into the main UFL account, and there is a single sign-in option for everyone. User accounts that were previously assigned to the UFL-PHI instance are now assigned to a dedicated ‘UF PHI’ group inside the main UFL Zoom instance.
How can I verify if my Zoom account is in the UF PHI group?
- Your Zoom profile page in the UF portal will indicate ‘UF PHI’ in the ‘User Group’ section. You can access the profile page via the following link: https://ufl.zoom.us/profile. If you need assistance with your group membership, please contact the Help Desk.
Increasing Meeting Security:
- Zoom has provided a new administrative control to better secure different types of Zoom meetings called One-Security. This feature enforces that all Zoom meetings are secured with either a Waiting Room, a passcode, or that only authenticated individuals can join. If none of the three options are enabled by the user for a meeting, the Waiting Room will be activated by default. You can view our documentaion on UF Zoom One-Security Option for more details.
- For additional information regarding Zoom's meeting security features, you may also visit: https://elearning.ufl.edu/keep-zoom-secure.
Can I connect with more than 300 people in a meeting?
- Webinar Licenses are available if your meeting numbers exceed 300 participants. More info can be found here.
- All UF Faculty/Staff/Students are automatically licensed for 300 person meeting rooms by default.
I already have a Zoom Paid Account. What happens to it?
- You will receive an invitation asking you to migrate to the UF account, followed by a credit for any unused balance.
- If you wish to maintain your paid account, you must change the contact e-mail address in your Zoom account to a non-ufl.edu account
To use Zoom with Outlook:
Can I integrate Zoom with other services?
- We are only adding 3rd party integrations for other UF enterprise services such as Canvas, Mediasite, and Microsoft Teams. All integrations will have to complete a risk assessment before being implemented.
Additional Resources:Sours: https://video.ufl.edu/conferencing/zoom/
Learn practical strategies for best managing your research data. A number of U.S. funding agencies such as the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health require researchers to supply plans for managing research data, called Data Management Plans (DMP), for all new grant proposals. This workshop will provide an overview of the questions to consider when creating a data management plan, with a focus on the DMPTool and tools for sharing your data at the University of Florida (e.g. subject-specific repositories). Topics include metadata and annotation, file formats and organization, storage, backups and security, and data sharing. The workshop is geared toward graduate students, faculty, and researchers.
- Thursday, September 17, 2020
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Health Science Center Library
- UF Faculty UF Staff UF Students
Jane Morgan-Daniel (she/her) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
US: +13017158592,,94059579741#,,,,,,0#,,193139# or +13126266799,,94059579741#,,,,,,0#,,193139#
940 5957 9741
Join by Telephone
For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location.
940 5957 9741
Join from an H.323/SIP room system
220.127.116.11 (US West)
940 5957 9741
Skype for Business (Lync)
Only woke up. I slept so well. - I hid my hand back under the blanket and lay down more comfortably on my side. - Calls for a walk in the evening. Although with his work again all sleepy will be.
And all this beauty will be put off by the stench of armpits. Where do we start, Taisiya Lvovna. I suggest from the outermost houses and then return to the so-called office. Nika, I might have to fuck her.
You will also be interested:
- Is pubg worth it 2021
- Tdi golf
- Ffbe schedule
- Savage precision
- Harmonica licks
- Susan st james imdb
- Helgen reborn
- Matplotlib subplot
- Henry pratt aurora
- Hp tower
- Korean dvd store near me
There was a short crackling sound, Uncle Andrei moaned briefly and fell further, onto the mat, with his back, and Yulia, stepping over. His leg, again slashed Startled after his first word, Vika glanced at the man addressing her and recognized him as a young guide, with whom she rode almost all the way.
As soon as she got into the carriage at midnight before last, the conductor seemed a little strange to her, but in. Fact he turned out to be very kind and peaceful. Straight light straw hair, gray eyes, a long nose resembling the beak of a large bird, a strange expression on his face, which was frozen in bewilderment.